Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which would you take? >

Which would you take?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which would you take?

Old 06-21-2003, 07:23 PM

Default Which would you take?

If you got your choice of a compact bolt action whitetail rifle in 7mm-08, which would you take and why......., Remington Model 7 stainless/laminate or Winchester Model 70 Classic Compact (walnut/blue classic controlled round feed).
Old 06-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which would you take?

My choice would be the Remingtom Model 7 mainly because of the S/S and Laminated stock. The Winchester Model 70 Classic is a nice rifle. I just prefer the All Weather feature of the model 7.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 06-21-2003, 09:44 PM

I would take the Winchester. The reason is just that I like the M70 action better than the M700.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, I don' t like Winchester at all so it would be out. Don' t really care for Remington these days either but its the less of two evils as far as I am concerned. I would actually take a Ruger 77 compact or a Savage Sierra over any of them.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

the remington model 7 would be my choice as well , as i' ve allready got one in .260 rem , but frizz has a point , the ruger model 77 compact is a great carbine too , and it' s also offered in a stainless / brown lamintate configuration , which is very weather resistant and also is a great looking rifle too
Old 06-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

my prejudice runs to the Model70
Old 06-21-2003, 11:08 PM

Too much controversal information regarding Remington and their poor trigger design, quality, etc. Plus, this is the same company that created the pos model 710 and that goofy, really ugly model 673 " guide rifle" . I' d take the Winchester.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Anything but a Remington. Have had crap customer service from them and they will not get any more of my money. I am pretty partial to Winchester. They just seem to work and shoot well. Remington has come out with a lot of junk lately. I can' t help but feel that some of that junk mentality has carried over to the other rifles they make.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:47 AM

Get the Winchester. Remington' s quality isn' t what it was. You may also want to consider a Browning Micro Medalion, wood stock/blue barrel. Similar in size to both the Winchester and the Model 7. The Ruger Ultra-lite is also a very nice carbine type rifle. Personally I wouldn' t consider the Ruger Compact. The stock is too short, shorter than the others, for the average size person to shoot well.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first reply was choosing between the guns mentioned.I agree Remington has turned out some garbage over the last couple years.Winchester and Browning are together now.I had dealings with Browning' s customer service.I wasn' t impressed with them.My first choice would be the Ruger M-77 Compact.I prefer full sized rifles being I' m a big person. The compact just don' t fit me well.
Ruger Redhawk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.