Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
How do you remove the barrel on a Rem 7600 >

How do you remove the barrel on a Rem 7600

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How do you remove the barrel on a Rem 7600

Old 04-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default How do you remove the barrel on a Rem 7600

I was wondering how you take the barrel off a Rem 7600? I took the forarm off and trigger mechanism out of the rifle and now can't figure how the barrel comes off. Hear guys on another forum, that take them off. Looks like the slide tube has to be unscrewed from the bolt, how is this done? As the bolt has no hex or slot for a screw driver or a wrench. I see 4 holes in the tube, is this for some special wrench that unscrews the tube? Zeak
Old 04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gotst no idea, but I see you're from Wahoo..bahahaha
Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

The slide does have to be taken off. I'm sure there is some special wrench that they have to use on the slide but I have took a metal rod that fits the holes and run it through them to break it loose to unscrew it same for tightening it back up. Oh yeah don't forget to check the o-ring and to lube it when putting it back together.

Last edited by NITEHAWKJS; 04-01-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

I was wondering the same thing, about using a punch and putting it through the holes and turning the slide. Are the threads right hand or left? Thanks for the info. Zeak
Old 04-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

As RR said the tube is what holds the barrel to the receiver. Just use a rod or fat punch and unscrew the tube as you would any ole bolt.