Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Taurus "Judge" >

Taurus "Judge"

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Taurus "Judge"

Old 03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

http://forums.handloads.com/uploads/...small_size.jpg

http://forums.handloads.com/uploads/...small_size.jpg

Last edited by Ruger-Redhawk; 03-25-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is more intended to be carried in a car. I think if you were attacked it would just piss the attacker off. It has a TERRIBLE pattern.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Nick, your not forced to use the .410 shell. You can use 45 long colt for ccw.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPurApky4U <--- The "Long Judge Carbine" at the shot show. I say CCW that!!!1
Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Maine Shooter
1) gimmick
2) oversized for good concealed carry
3) iffy Taurus quality
4) gimmick
5) with shot loads, you 110% sure of where each shot pellet is gong to go? LOTS of liability should one go where it's NOT intended.
I suppose if you had a baddie in the hall way and not exactly shure where exactly he is then you could just bang away with the .410 shot sheels

LOL I R not serious
Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Maine Shooter
1) gimmick
2) oversized for good concealed carry
3) iffy Taurus quality
4) gimmick
5) with shot loads, you 110% sure of where each shot pellet is gong to go? LOTS of liability should one go where it's NOT intended.
I suppose if you had a baddie in the hall way and not exactly sure where exactly he is then you could just bang away with the .410 shot sheels

LOL I R not serious
Old 03-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

i honestly do not understand why so many find that thing appealing...

its not good at anything other than maybe fun on the range...

concealed carry?? come on..better off using it as a club IMO...patterns cannot be impressive past a few feet...

and i cant see 45LCs being accurate as they got the long cylinder to bounce around through then get slammed into the rifling...

shot and buckshot cant pattern great due to the rifling...

the size and bulk even on the smallest versions is bigger than your typical 38 or 357 suitable for concealed carry....

i just dont get it...but tons of guys are interested in them...and some even actually like them!?!?!

to each their own i guess...i just have no use for that thing...other than maybe a paper weight...
Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 PM
bigcountry

I like it if dependable.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sniper151
If your looking for a dependable CCW handgun, I would suggest you do some more research before you buy.
I agree that it is a GREAT idea. I just wish another manufacturer would run with it (S&W). I have had two bad experiances with Taurus revolvers, or I would have one myself.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

People who have had problems with Taurus complain loudly on the internet. People who have good experiences tend to just stay out of the fight.

When someone has a problem with a Smith or Ruger and complains on the internet, everyone bashes them. Huh.

I own two Taurus revolveds, a Model 85 38spl and a Model 627 41mag Tracker Titanium. Both guns are tight, accurate, and reliable. The only work I needed to do with a Wolf spring kit on the 85.

My brother-in-law bought an 85 at the same time and it had a bur he had to have filed off to time properly. Of course I have a Smith that had a flaw in the hand creating the same problem.

Do not let Taurus put you off, I would not buy their semis but their revolvers have done well by me. Test it before you buy as you should any gun.

Regarding the Judge, I have no doubt it is fun and a buddy just got one last week so I'll soon find out. However for self-defense you want stopping power and nothing coming out of a 410 shotshell has it. If you want to shoot 45LC there are better guns to do that in. If you want it for the fun factor go for it. If you are specifically looking for a carry gun there are better options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.