Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 fair price for rifle? >

fair price for rifle?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

fair price for rifle?

Old 06-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default fair price for rifle?

OK, I' m a new hunter bought a 30-30 to skimp on money but now really wished I had paid an extra $200 for 7mm. What' s the best way to get rid of my 30-30 at a fair price to make up some of the dough for a 7mm?
Old 06-19-2003, 06:13 PM

Default RE: fair price for rifle?

Gun/pawn? One that specializes in guns should have fair, honest people who know their guns.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

i went into a buy/sell guns shop the other day and it was pretty ridiculous... but they weren' t a pawn shop. Maybe i should try that...
Old 06-19-2003, 09:49 PM

why sell it???????????? sell it now and you' ll kick yourself later. just invest in the rifle that you really want. save it for a brush gun or for the kids to shoot
Old 06-19-2003, 10:05 PM

1) What was ridiculous about the first place you tried? I' m curious... all I know is my personal experiences in the Daytona Beach and Gainesville, FL areas, so I' m curious. Also, my dad' s helped me out on a few occasions, and he' s not the kind of guy who gets cheated. [8D]

2) If he was scrimping originally getting the 30-30, I' m pretty sure he' s not willing to let it collect dust and buy the 7mm on top of that.

Good luck, B, and if you feel like you' re getting ripped off, don' t hesitate to walk out. Better to come back another day than kick yourself for months after.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your best bet would be to sell to a individual rather than a gun shop or a pawnshop . A lot of people take them there but They can' t come close to paying what most people originally paid for them . It would surprise me if the pawnshops would go much over a 100 bucks on it . I have bought some good deals at pawnshops ,but that was because they didn' t pay much for it in the first place .
Old 06-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' d imagine you won' t get more than $150 for yours, if it' s in like new condition.

I don' t know why you' re dis-satisfied with your .30-30, I' d never buy one, but for ALL hunting applications on whitetailed deer and smaller game, you' ll never need a larger/faster round. You' re kind of scaring me actually, everybody ' really really wants' a 7mm because of the long range capabilities, which are only noticeable when you take a 600yrd shot, which you, as a new hunter (and most hunters in general), shouldn' t be taking.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

but for ALL hunting applications on whitetailed deer and smaller game, you' ll never need a larger/faster round.
Horsefeathers. Try anything over 150 yards. The 30-30 Win is one of the most overrated cartridges ever and the only reason it still lives is the cheap rifles and cheap ammo. It' s best used as a doorstop.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

bscofield , for what the gun shop is going to steal i mean buy it from you ...just keep the darn thing. If you insist on selling it put it on gunbroker or auctionarms it will sell ....
Old 06-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

OK, I' ll admit, I want the 7mm partly for the alure. Not because I see lots of deer at 300, 400, 500 yds... in fact the land I' m planning on huntin this year doesn' t really have more than 2-3 places where I could take a shot that long. However, I' m not ruling out huntin elk or bear at a later date and I may not have the money at a later date (not that I have it now) but I could plan ahead of time so that I don' t to use the plastic a week before a planned hunt...

So how does this sound so far? I have to use this again on the wife if I get a new gun

The insult at the gun buy/sell was $125 for the rifle (less than one year old) and $475 for the 7mm. Is there anything wrong with buying from Wal-Mart or Big Kmart? Someone told me once that they (winchester, marlin, etc.) make their rifles cheaper because of the bulk orders that they sell the big buyers. But that doesn' t make sense to me... why would they " stop" the machines put in different " stuff" to make cheaper gums?? OR buy a seperate set of equipment to run cheap guns in bulk and quality ones to smallers shops... is this right?

Quick Reply: fair price for rifle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.