Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
New in Box Savage 12, .223 >

New in Box Savage 12, .223

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

New in Box Savage 12, .223

Old 03-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Spike

Default New in Box Savage 12, .223

I have a brand spanking new Savage 12 varmint rifle. It is chambered in .223 and has a heavy varmint barrel. Not one round has been through this rifle. It is Brand New!

Blued barrel with Savage's AccuTrigger. Below is a link to the exact gun.

This is legit. It is my firearm. I have owned it only 2 weeks. Why am I selling it? Jesus said, "where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." And this rifle had my heart more than my Lord did, so it's going.

$500. We'll work out details about shipping over the phone. Email me your number.

Here is a link with more specs.

http://savagearms.com/firearms/models/

Thanks,
Joe
Attached Thumbnails New in Box Savage 12, .223-savage.png  
Old 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Spike

Default I'm impressed, but it won't work.

How many people could admit what you did and give up what ever is more to them in their heart than Jesus? Very few. I too used to think too highly of my guns too. Everything changed when I changed my schedule to add reading the Word of God every morning for an hour. I started reading it because I hardly ever did and then asked myself, what kind of Christian would hardly ever read the Word of God. I now go to bed an hour earlier than I used to, and set my alarm an hour earlier than I used to. I've done this for years now, but when I first started reading daily, I had no idea how much true change takes place in a man who reads the Word daily. I now love Jesus, the Word and my time reading it more than anything and everything. Don’t sell your gun. It won’t work. There is no need to get rid of something that means too much to you. Some of our wives mean more to us than Christ. Should we get rid of them? What you need to do is to make Jesus more to you than anything else by giving him the first hour of your day. The Word of God is sooooooooo powerful, that, if you will actually take my advice, and give your Lord an hour each morning, listening to what you read, from the Authorized King James Bible, and obeying what it says to do, your gun will mean much less to you. Nothing can compare to the Word of God. You will soon see how many hundreds of mentions there are in the Old and New Testament about our need for the Word of God. Your Master doesn’t mind if you own your gun and enjoy shooting it. Your motive is good, but if you give all of your possessions away, it won’t make you love Christ any more than you do now. You’ll just own less stuff. You cannot abide in Christ without abiding in His Word.
John 14
21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
And…
23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
If you look in Psalm 119, the longest chapter in the Bible, you will notice that the Bible has many titles, and “Commandments” is one of those titles. Also that chapter is only about one subject… the Word of God. There could be no mistake that the Lord made the longest chapter in His Word, about the most important subject in His Word, and that would be, His Word. Also, it’s no accident that the Bible and Jesus share the same name. Both are called The Word of God, and both are called The Truth.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

“Quick” means living. The Word of God is alive. It’s so much more than a book. You will never discover this if you don’t give yourself to Christ by eating his Manna daily.

Keep the gun. Eat his Manna daily.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Spike

Default whether it'll work...

Thank you for your respectful and encouraging reply.

No, I do not know whether my selling my gun will "work"--whatever that means--but it's what I felt the need to do. You are correct: I cannot sell my wife, nor am I at liberty to divorce her, should she come between the Lord and me. (BTW, she is a godly woman.) But there are scriptural proscriptions against divorce, none against selling personal items. There are, however, numerous passages about hating father, mother, sister, brother, even my own life in the service of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Other numerous passages speak about the love of money and the snare of riches in this world. And in this country, I'm sorry--we're all rich!!

In addition, Mark 10 details a story about a rich man who desired eternal life. After Christ told the man to keep the commandments, the man replied that he had (at least superficially) kept them from his youth. "Jesus looked on him, loved him, and told him, 'this one thing you lack. Sell all that you have and give the money to the poor. Then come follow me'." The man walked away sad, for he had great possessions. Unless he repented, that man has been in Hell for 2000 years and will remain there for eternity. Not because he was rich, but because the Lord was not his Lord.

Now, I do not hear Christ asking me to sell all my possessions, for the reason, I'm guessing, that they do not have my heart. But his possessions had the rich man's heart. And my Savage model 12 had mine.

Plus, say I'm in error and interpreted the text wrongly. Oh well...I have one fewer gun, and now some poor person has a few hundred bucks to buy food. But most importantly, I hope my Lord saw one of His servants at least attempting to be obedient, albeit imperfectly.

Now, as regards your admonition to read God's Word daily, I do already. I confess I do not read an hour each morning, but I do read it (nearly) every day. I'm glad you like the Authorized version. But the version is not important. As long as it's a literal and not a worthless dynamic equivalent "translation" (like the New Living Translation or Today's NIV or The Message)--that's the point. I read the English Standard Version, which is a direct descendent of the KJV.

Anyway, brother, thank you for your reply. May the Lord richly bless you as you feed on the Manna of His Word and devote your all to the Word made flesh.

Yours,
Joe Hansen
Stillwater, MN
Old 03-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Spike

coating plant for steel pipes?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Spike

if jesus wants you to get rid of this evil thing, I will take it off your hands for FREE
Old 03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Spike

Default Deal for 223

If your deal with gunslinger falls through can I be second in line - I would be willing to pay for shipping
Old 03-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll pay for shipping and donate $100 bucks to the church of your choice. God told me it was cool If I had a bunch of guns.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Spike

Is the savage still for sale? would like to see pic is it is.
bogey67401