Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
.410 pistol HELP >

.410 pistol HELP

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.410 pistol HELP

Old 03-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Spike

Default .410 pistol HELP

Does anybody know about a .410 one shot pistol because searching through the farms gun closet I found and old gun my grandpa says it is .410. it has one shot a hammer and it is break action, when I tried to see the brand it was to rusted away and I want to buy it or a similar one for squirrels since ehen I tried it it didnt work.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

I have 1 I picked up really cheap a few years ago. Its a 45/410 with a 2.5" chamber. Really just sort of a fun "plinker" kind of gun though. Its marked Commanche from Brazil. Its plain sorry as a 45 and jacketed bullets won't stabilize at all. It has a screw on choke that is straight rifled and very full giving a pattern of about 24"at 30 yards and with the 45"choke"its about 30"at 10yards. It is a cheap gun but as a 10" shotgun pistol it does just what 1 would expect of it.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like an old Harrington-Richardson Game Getter/Tackle Box pistol.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

there was also a company outta Tennesee called Cobray or Cobra that made single shot, double barreled and revolvers in 410/45lc.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by T/C fan!
there was also a company outta Tennesee called Cobray or Cobra that made single shot, double barreled and revolvers in 410/45lc.

...Tennesee must be a haven for these things...I have a .410/.45LC SxS pistol that takes the 3" 410 shells, and it was made by a firm called FMJ from Ducktown, TN. Lots of people get big-eyed when they see it....never knew you could get such an animal....hard to miss with that, at close-in range.