Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T/C Icon

Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default T/C Icon

Anyone shot the T/C Icon? Looked at one the other day and seemed to be a well built rifle. Considering one in 308 Win as my next purchase.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've sort of been looking at them also. There are some nice design feature, but I'm not 100% convinced....................yet.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
I've sort of been looking at them also. There are some nice design feature, but I'm not 100% convinced....................yet.
I'm a little nervous about laying down the cash they are asking for the Icon. Especially when you can get a Browning X-Bolt or a Sako A7 for less.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve handled one at a gun shop & really like it, but it was a wood stock version.
I’m curious about the weather shield model, in .270.

Budsgunshop on line has the .308 weather shield for ~$780- not too shabby of a price IMHO.

I'm curious about the weather shield coating.

Is it only on the exterior of the steel? (Meaning is the inside of the barrel still able to rust if left untreated after hunting in foul weather too long?)

Will the weather shield chip off if banged against something?
Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have one of the early Icons when they came out in 243Win . It has great wood grain as advertised ,and the accuracy is very good . Well currently We have been looking for another rifle for a friend but the problem we find is the original quality of the stock isn't there . Looks like they are saving money by putting a cheaper stock on or something .
Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Halcon, have you seen any with the synthetic stock? if so, does it feel like a good solid synthetic, or tupperwear?
Old 03-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DaveC
I’ve handled one at a gun shop & really like it, but it was a wood stock version.
I’m curious about the weather shield model, in .270.

Budsgunshop on line has the .308 weather shield for ~$780- not too shabby of a price IMHO.

I'm curious about the weather shield coating.

Is it only on the exterior of the steel? (Meaning is the inside of the barrel still able to rust if left untreated after hunting in foul weather too long?)

Will the weather shield chip off if banged against something?

That ain't a bad price at all. I'm just having trouble resisting the Sako A7 in 270 on Gunbroker for $565.