Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
H&R Ultra Slug >

H&R Ultra Slug

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

H&R Ultra Slug

Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tink I paid $175 for the last 12 gauge USH I bought. It was used and had no scope. There was nothing wrong with the finish but I didn't want 2 exact USH deluxe's in laminated camo so I refinished in something I thought I would like. Went for a more sinister look. Needless to say I absolutely love the results.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must say Uncle Matt, that is a nice looking H&R
Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I must say Uncle Matt, that is a nice looking H&R
It was nothing to do really. I will say that the clear H&R puts on these things is extremely hard.

I just pulled the stocks off and steel wooled them. Starting with a finer wool did nothing to the finish. So I started a little coarser and then went with fine. I cleaned out the checkering with first a stainless steel wire brush and then a finer and softer brass brush.

Wiped it all down with thinner and then a tackcloth. Then a few layers of a Rust-O-Leum black satin.

Couple hours and 5 or 6 bucks.

I think this one shoots a tad better than my old original H&R. I don't really want to say how far away I dropped a buck during the 2008 season because it always seems to bring out doubters and naysayers. But I know because I paced off every step and it was...... .
Old 02-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just picked up two last Wednesday. Both 12 gauge, one deluxe in green laminate stock for my son. While I was picking it up the dealer told me he had just gotten another one plain brown stained stock and forearm. That one is for me They are becoming hard to find. Going to mount Nikon Pro Staff scopes and pickup a number of different slugs. While we was there my son also bought a Springfield XD(?) in 40 cal. Range report to follow when it warms up a bit.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Spike

Mine came in Yesterday and Im really excited now I just need to save money for my scope and wait till it warms up and I will be set
Old 04-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default 1-12GA. USH Deluxe and 1-20GA. USH Deluxe and 1-20GA. USH Thumbhole

The 12 is topped with a Leupold VX II 3-9x40 and the 20's are both topped with Burris Fullfield II's 3-9x40's.. I was a fan of Leupolds until my buddy talked me into trying Burris scopes.. I found the Burris Fullfield's transmitted light better and were much clearer.. Just my 2 cents!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably the most accurate slug gun out there.If I were to buy another slugger it would definitely be the H&R in 20gauge.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Saw a guy shooting one in 20ga at the range a few weeks back and he was making one hole in 3 shot groups at 100 yds. Wish I would have bought one of those instead of the 12ga slug barrel for my 870.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Spike

iv got mine, now just trying to get money for the Scope and ammo gotta have ammo too