Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year? >

What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year?

Old 02-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned

If you're a factory rep doing market research, then say so. Clearly you need some help selling something. The used car salesman approach is pathetic. If you really gave a hoot, you'd mention who you represent and pay the administrators of this site. Here's a promotion for you:

Build a gun today, that is as good as what you were building 40 years ago. Better would be suggested. Take the marketing hype and shove it. Save that crap for the people pushing Mossbergs at Wal-Mart. If that's you, then you should know better anyway.

If an anonymous random post is the best you can do,I can't imagine whats for sale is worth much anyway....
Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

The 2nd amendment should be all you need to justify buying a new rifle.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a used gun guy too. Id like to see a mat on satin finish that is cheaper than the polished blued hand rubbed oil finished flordelis cut checkered rifle next to it. Just seems stupid to me that the gun with at least a day of extra finish work is the same price as the mat metal injecttion molded stocked gun.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

If & the size of my bonus will dictate whether I buy (or sell ).

Gimmicks to make me feel good about the purchase?

How about a gift certificate for a few boxes of ammo in that cartridge.

Other ideas-
A lazer bore sight for that caliber
A bore guide
Quality steel rings & mounts
Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

It is my intention to purchase at least three new guns this year...hopefully four.

1. Glock 26 in 9mm...to become my steady carry gun ("retiring" my Colt Commander 45 ACP...they are quickly becoming too valuable to carry / scratch / wear finish)

2. Ruger M77 Compact Hawkeye in .308 for my son...since these come with the Ruger rings, a discount on a nice scope would be nice...say a Nikon or a Leopold)

3. AR-15 of some variant...not sure of what brand (any advise would be appreciated)...want the collapsable stock, flat-top upper with flip up front and rear sights to provide a back up to a scope...probably a 16 in barrel...want 100% functionality for home defense...but with reasonable accuracy (does not have to be 1/2 MOA).

4. Second G26 (either for my wife or as a backup)
Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Example of last years purchasing power

bought a 'barely' used Remington VSSF II 22-250 with a Leupold VX II 4x12 AO scope for $700. Friend who was desperate for the cash. Rifle/scope combo would be valued at over $1200, not shot more than 200 rds.

bought a $400 "tender custom barrel for $175 ....never mounted on the gun that I could see, forum member on another site desperate to sell.

who needs "new"...............
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by podunk kennels
Hell im to susceptible to buying em anyway i dont need no help parting with my money
you got that right!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I buy something every year. I don't need any sales gimmicks or incentives to do so.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Daveboone
I dont think in the lines of thier promotions at all. Any firearm of mine is pretty carefully evaluated and planned out ahead of time, and when I have the means, I buy the best deal I can at that time. A gun is not (and in my opinion shouldnt be) an impulse buy.
I would agree. But sometimes, I do have an impulse. But when I do go on an impulse, I have thought about it before.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Spike

TC got me to buy one. They had the weather shield icon with hogue stock for 778 and gave me the ultra wood stock and two slings for free at the Eastern Sportsman Show. WOOO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.