Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Savage 24F combo discontinued? >

Savage 24F combo discontinued?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage 24F combo discontinued?

Old 01-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most hunters now seem to "need" a quick follow up shot so for them a single shot is inadequate. Many of these same people also feel the need for a super ultra exremeo magnum as their chambering. Also, for whatever reason, game animals must be effected by a rifles looks as people must have a sleek, smooth and stylish rifle for hunting. A somewhat blocky, (non-sleek) single shot in a regular ol' chambering just wasn't a market boom sooooo...it gets discontinued. Sad.
Me, I'd love to find a nice one fairly priced and local in .357 maximum.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by 8mm/06
I must be out of touch. When did savage stop producing the 24F combo guns? I could have sworn I saw them on their website last year sometime.

Always thought they were a great item for certain situations. Like having a camp gun around, not necessarily something you wanted to carry all day for a hunting trip, but for a couple hour walk-around through the woods when squirrels and rabbits and some birds might be present ... always liked the concept but never picked one up.

I have a Savage 24V........ .30-30 over 3" 20ga........Not sure when they were discontinued......I bought mine in 1998 on a used gun rack at a gun shop here in FL...

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 01-17-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

I still have the one I bought with my Dads help back in 1950 (Ithink)for $59 bucks.It sure put a lot of game on the table when I was growing up.Back then $59 bucks was a lot of money.Haven't shot it in 30 plus years.Its a 22/410.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by herman
I still have the one I bought with my Dads help back in 1950 (Ithink)for $59 bucks.It sure put a lot of game on the table when I was growing up.Back then $59 bucks was a lot of money.Haven't shot it in 30 plus years.Its a 22/410.

Herman , you're gun sounds like the kind of idea I had in mind ....

I'll bet the gun has gathered more memories than game!