Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.35 rem.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default .35 rem.

When did this factory ammo become so expensive? Bought a box yesterday for $28!! Looked @ the last box I bouught & it was $13.

And it's getting hard to find.$10 more a box than .308,.270,.243 & 30.06.

Not that I use this gun anymore but I still want to some shells around for it.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Prices on all ammo and components are up, supposedly because they are short supply due to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan...

They really ream you on less common chamberings...

A prime example of this is .410 shotgun ammo..Despite the fact that the little shells require less shot, powder and other materials, they are usually 2 to 3 times more expensive than 12 or 20 gauge shells...
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Reloading components are getting as expensive (and hard to get) as ammo. At least you can get rifle ammo. Check out pistol ammo, ..... if you can find it.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Spike

Jerry just a question. Why don't you use it anymore. It's a great round out to maybe 200 with a little Kentucky windage. Just wondering if you had a bad experience or just went with something bigger and in most peoples minds better.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rhans53
Jerry just a question. Why don't you use it anymore. It's a great round out to maybe 200 with a little Kentucky windage. Just wondering if you had a bad experience or just went with something bigger and in most peoples minds better.
I didn't for about 6 years got back into this year and bought a Rem 700 in .243.
Not because there was anything wrong with the Marlin,just wanted another rifle.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just found the same thing out. I'm getting some reloading dies to reload them now. We already reload all of our other calibers.