Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
browning x bolt on order for 3-4 weeks, still not in. >

browning x bolt on order for 3-4 weeks, still not in.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

browning x bolt on order for 3-4 weeks, still not in.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Sometimes some shops don't stock calibers that they don't think will sell. Production at gun factories is sometimes weird too, they will run one caliber for a week or two, then move on to next caliber. So if they don't have any in stock, might be a while before they do another run of them. You could try asking your local dealer to reach out to his contacts and see if another buddy shop has one in stock he could get from them. If you want what is not on the shelf, you are going to have to wait. I think sometimes we get spoiled with stuff getting to our doorstep in a week when ordered. Be patient.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ol'Mongo
I just mounted a scope on an X-Bolt for a guy who waited quite awhile for the rifle to come in. The reason is supply and demand. The three wholesalers contacted didn't have the rifle. One of them received a shipment two weeks later which included the rifle the guy wanted. A couple of years ago I waited almost a year for a stainless, left handed A-Bolt in .300 Win Mag. It becomes a heck of an argument for buying a used rifle. Oh, and when you get ready to scope it, the X-Bolt uses 4 screws per base half (a total of 8!!). Looks cool but, ....... oh well.

I believe they're made by Talley, which is about as good as it gets in my book
Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I waited nine months for my Sako A7 Stainless in 7MM Rem Mag.(they were new at the time).

Worth the wait, and so is the X-bolt !!!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by vabyrd
I believe they're made by Talley, which is about as good as it gets in my book
You are correct, they are made by Talley; the same as the Talley lightweights.