Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Do you reload and do you think it's worth it? >

Do you reload and do you think it's worth it?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.
View Poll Results: Do you reload and do you think it's worth it?
I reload and it's worth it
74.14%
I reload and don't think it's worth it
5.17%
I don't reload but would like to in the future
15.52%
I don't reload and don't think it's worth it
5.17%
I used to reload but no longer do
0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Do you reload and do you think it's worth it?

Old 01-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

http://www.brianenos.com/

Look around this site and you'll the some serious numbers....mine doesn't hold squat to some of the big dogs.....

But..I've never shot or reloaded anything....
Old 01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet he's one of those guys that stands off by himself at his "matches" and "practices" the whole course of fire without ever actually drawing his pistol. Air guitar meets handgun. Loading 10K rounds (yeah, right), on a high end progressive press could be done by a trained monkey with an electrode crammed up his crack for motivation. What I, and may like me, do with rifle cartridges is practically an art form. I don't produce 1000 mediocre rounds of ammo per session.

You know what else strikes me as funny about vabyrd. He's always the first to criticize a guy who wants to buy an AR, to blast some ammo downrange, or God forbid, wants to hunt with one. But then we find out that he's a "competition" pistol shooter, and probably has a $2-3K dedicated race gun or three in wiz-bang 38 Super just to blast 1000's of rounds away at steel plates. Am I the only one that finds that just a bit hypocritical and stupid?

Mike
Old 01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
and this pertains to the topic as to how?
average folks don't care about what the pro's can do, the question was do you reload and is it worth it?
I say it is, I've saw the results which no keyboard commando can convince me otherwise. I get to shoot more, shoot better, and can tune my loads to what my rifle wants while using the bullet that was designed for the task at hand.
as far as the all day long moa tikka, how many rounds does it take to do it all day long?

As far as my "marginal" shots, you absolutely don't have a clue about the hows and whats of long range shooting. this is my last post on this thread addressed to you, your convinced you know it all so therefore you refuse to learn anything new, yeah delt with arrogance before. now where's the ignore switch!
RR
Maybe you could enlighten me? I've been waiting for someone to tell what kind of group one gets at 1,300 yards but to no avail. I don't do any long range stuff, nor have any desire to...if that's ok.

The link was for the no-it-alls of reloading to see what volume of shooting goes into some of the competitive sports........maybe a little research.

However, IMHO 13" of play room while taking game is unacceptable, like your mention of 2" groups.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who's still talking about 2" groups?! You really are pretty dense, aren't you? And even after I explained it to you once before. Now go practice shooting your pretend gun with grossly exaggerated movements. You know what I'm talking about... I know you do. See, I've been to a IPSC shoot before and seen stooges like you go through the motions.

I think that it's flat out comical watching you try to square off with RR over LR hunting. He's forgotten more about shooting than you'll ever know, no matter how many thousands of rounds of crappy pistol ammo you churn out of your Dillon. Most of use here can only aspire to be capable of doing what he makes seem easy.

Mike
Old 01-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by driftrider
I bet he's one of those guys that stands off by himself at his "matches" and "practices" the whole course of fire without ever actually drawing his pistol. Air guitar meets handgun. Loading 10K rounds (yeah, right), on a high end progressive press could be done by a trained monkey with an electrode crammed up his crack for motivation. What I, and may like me, do with rifle cartridges is practically an art form. I don't produce 1000 mediocre rounds of ammo per session.

You know what else strikes me as funny about vabyrd. He's always the first to criticize a guy who wants to buy an AR, to blast some ammo downrange, or God forbid, wants to hunt with one. But then we find out that he's a "competition" pistol shooter, and probably has a $2-3K dedicated race gun or three in wiz-bang 38 Super just to blast 1000's of rounds away at steel plates. Am I the only one that finds that just a bit hypocritical and stupid?

Mike
And now for you.....

Go to Dillon Precision and see what real presses are all about. Then go to Brian Enos' website and do a little search about what kind of volumes of shooting IPSC guys go through. I'm sure Mike Dillon would give you a lesson on what kind of mediocre ammo his presses produce.

And no, I'm not a big fan of AR's. Do I have to be? Yes, I have owned one, yes I shot plenty of rounds through it. Yes, I traded it to a gunsmith to rebuilt a top end on a race gun. No, I don't miss it. Yes, I believe that there are too many young wrongly influenced kids that want to hunt with these things because of how they are glorified in video games and movies. Yes, I've seen them first hand. No, I don't care that I disagree with some issues involving guns. Yes, Im allowed to...

Just so you'll know, it's the amendment just before #2 that I believe in also. You can save the divided we fall speech....

And it was 30,000 rounds, by the way....Peanuts compared to many.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by driftrider
Who's still talking about 2" groups?! You really are pretty dense, aren't you? And even after I explained it to you once before. Now go practice shooting your pretend gun with grossly exaggerated movements. You know what I'm talking about... I know you do. See, I've been to a IPSC shoot before and seen stooges like you go through the motions.

I think that it's flat out comical watching you try to square off with RR over LR hunting. He's forgotten more about shooting than you'll ever know, no matter how many thousands of rounds of crappy pistol ammo you churn out of your Dillon. Most of use here can only aspire to be capable of doing what he makes seem easy.

Mike
I asked to be enlightened, but no one seems to want answer...
Old 01-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probably because he realizes that you're intellectually incapable of being enlightened, and are therefore not worth his time. Perhaps I have a soft spot for lost causes that has made me suffer you for this long, but my compassion and tolerance for short bus riders only goes so far. As such, I'll leave you to your inferior ammo production.

Mike
Old 01-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

Can't believe no one will tell me the ins and outs of long range shooting. Crawl away now..

The comment about short buses is inexcusable. Only a complete idiot could spew such a thing.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you going to cry? I'm so sorry... that you're so easily offended... by the truth.

Mike
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would also like to apologize to those with actual disabilities that I compared you to this guy, it was unkind.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.