Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
am i just a wuss??? >

am i just a wuss???

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

am i just a wuss???

Old 12-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default am i just a wuss???

my shoulder feels like hamburger...i shot the muzzy 6 times and the 300WSM 16 times...some shot gunnin and the 22, arm hurts like all hell....am i just outta practice?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a nice warm-up!
Old 12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats exactly what i was tellin me on the way home..shoulder is perty dang tender on the shoulder bone. ill take a side of cries with that ... we havnt done much shootin this season, o well..headed back in 4 days
btw i think the muzzy kicked harder than the sm
Old 12-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

You Texas folk just don't wear enough clothing this time of year! I can't hardly get a good scope picture the amount of cloths I was wearing today up hear in PA. That's alot of shootin' though. Even 100 grains outta my muzzy kicks like a mule, then throw in the 300 yet and you took some recoil. I like to shoot sporting clays every now and then and let me tell ya, after 100 rounds of 12ga. outta my 1100 I've had enough for the day myself.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

keep shooting and your shoulder will get used to it. I get sore as well early in the season when I haven't shot much, but after a while it doesn't bother me. It sounds like a lot of shootin' for not having shot much...I would be sore also.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default Maybe?

Sounds like your shooting postion was to low and you were holding the guns on the top of the shoulder instead of the front(arm pit area) Which also tends to make you lean into the gun instead of sitting up staight like you should. This will make felt recoil 2-3 as much because the top of shoulder is solid and doesn't flex like the front (arm pit area) does.
my 2 cents?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RugerMike
Sounds like your shooting postion was to low and you were holding the guns on the top of the shoulder instead of the front(arm pit area) Which also tends to make you lean into the gun instead of sitting up staight like you should. This will make felt recoil 2-3 as much because the top of shoulder is solid and doesn't flex like the front (arm pit area) does.
my 2 cents?

Kinda what I was thinking catch my self sometimes when one shot let's me know it's there more so than the others.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably not a wuss, probably poor fitting guns and more shooting than your accustomed to doing. As mentioned poor shooting position.
Also
Its been written that when it comes to recoil tolerance "size doesn't matter" often smaller framed persons can deal with it much better than larger persons.

Personally I am very tolerant of recoil and it rarely bothers me at all. I can sight in a half dozen big game rifles in an afternoon and not be bothered. I also shoot 40 rds. of 300 Win mag the same day.

Now my Benelli pump cracking off a box of 3.5" shells....thats a whole 'nother deal right there.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

thx guys...i didnt think a case of shotty's would make me sore, I think it was more the 300 and the muzzy, but my buddy says he is sore too, and after a couple boxes of clays he said he was expecting it. its still sore today, but not as bad as yesterday...3 more days and ill be back at it again..maybe ill skip the clays this time.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like your just out of practice to me. The more you shoot it the more use to it you'll get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.