Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

tc venture

Old 12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Spike

Default tc venture

i mite be getting one for christmas and i was wonderin if you guys had any pros and cons about the gun my other choice i have is the weatherby vanguard also please help me!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

wellwhatdoyoureallywanthelpwithimeanyoucantspellwh ywouldyouneedagunhowaboutalessoninwritingisthatsoh ard
Why does every one around here feel the need to be an a-hole/

I don't really like the venture. Way too much plastic on that rifle for my tastes. Mechanically it seems pretty sound but if it were me I would opt for a the Vanguard. It is a very well built rifle and one of the absolute strongest actions on the market. A few of the things about the Vanguard that I like are the big M16 extractor, massive recoil lug, one piece bolt (including the bolt handle) machined from bar stock, vented bolt body that redirects gasses to the side should a case or primer ever rupture, uses Remington 700 scope bases, adjustable trigger.

Last edited by bigbulls; 12-08-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

MOA guarantee and T/C customer service...not sure--I'd probably opt for a vanguard myself. It's been around for awhile
Old 12-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

TC muzzleloader,sure. centerfire, nah.

id go w/ the vanguard.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:05 PM
tjj
Fork Horn

Vanguard would be my choice. The big box store from Nebraska has S.S./synthetic stock for 490.00. Pretty good price.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Spike

i have found the vanguard for 399.99 but the tc venture is 449.99 so idk if i should pay the extra 50$