Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Savage Whitetail/varmit >

Savage Whitetail/varmit

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage Whitetail/varmit

Old 12-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm biased, but I really like my Savage rifles. Never had a problem with any of them, and every single one has shot under 1moa at 100 yards. Awesome rifles at prices I can afford.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Best out of the box rifle out there. It use to be that savages had a horrible trigger and stock but the action and barrell were so strong that everyone just bought the gun replaced trigger and stock and shot lights out, now with the accutrigger when I bought mine it has the best factory trigger out there, I havn't test one of the new accustock rifles, but I'm assuming now they may have the best factory stock out there. All for one of the most affordable guns out there, if they were junk why did all the other companies scurry to come up with something more affordable that shot to compete with them? Any more they are even competing with the people that like to build their own custom just selling their actions as they are so solid and easy to change barrels in. That big nut on the back of the barrel might be "ugly" but that allows the average guy to change a barrel out. As you can see I'm a fanboy
Old 01-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Exclamation

That dealer is absolutely clueless!

I have owned rifles built by nearly every rifle maker; Savage rifles are EXCELLENT! Especially the ones with the Accutrigger and now the Accustock!

My favorite rifle is a Savage Weather Warrior!!!

Savage rifles rock!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Spike

Default Great Guns

I own a 300 WSM stainless bolt Savage and a .17 HMR and love them both very much. They are very accurate and dependable. I just wish my .17 had tha accu-trigger like my 300 does.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Spike

Obviously the dealer is not a fan of savages..probably because he makes no money on them..I have been shooting savages for the last 15years, and they are by far, the most accurate out of the box guns made..no need to send them to a smith for tuning, no need for aftermarket parts...the secret is the ugly barrel nut...by using a barrel nut, they can set the headspace withing tolerance without needing to ream the chamber...this reduces cost and waste, and and the same time increases accuracy...now my turn to ask a question....the 7mm-08 for varmint?...are you planning on keeping the fur, or are you just looking to put em down?...the 7mm-08 is great for deer sized game, recoil is light, and it is a ballistic sweety, but it will skin most varmints for you...lol...go with something lighter if you plan on keeping any pelts...
Old 07-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

well i know alotta folks are building custom and long range rifle with them