Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
remington 700 >

remington 700

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington 700

Old 12-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-18-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Authority
One always needs to consider the source. Hang a picture of yourself and any one of the "troubled" wares. Cite the ammo,glass,base/rings while you're at it.

760 poooomp master pursuit

Old 12-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
No, a rifles performance sells itself, About the last 5 rems I shot were junk, so they wont sell anymore to me.

When cutting a barrel the very first barrel cut with the tool will be the best , everyone after that gets worse and worse until a new tool is installed, I think rem just mass produces and cares less if the 100th barrell is as good as the first.
I think thats why some rems shoot and some dont.

I have to agree the newer remingtons have gone to ****. the last 2 barreled actions ive bought the barrel were not true to the reciever and required disassembly and some turning on the lathe. seems remington has got to the point they think they will sell rifles based on name alone regardless of the quality.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must have lucked out then, because my Remington shoots great (except with Retumbo... it really dislikes Retumbo, but I think that it's just too slow). I don't have any complaints with the fit or finish either. Maybe it's because it's a Limited Edition small production run rifle, but I'm completely satisfied with it.

Mike
Old 12-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, I must have lucked out to..........................!

My Remington 700 SPS DM out shoots my; Marlin, Savage & Sako, and with factory bulk ammo (sub MOA).

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-07-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

I just recently bought a Model 700 CDL and I love it. The first time I took it to the range I put 20 rounds through it and had a good 1.5 to 2" group. I have no complaints about it what so ever, however if I could afford to buy another rifle I would get a CZ-USA 550 in a .308 or a .30-60.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Up to 6 Rem 700's now with born on dates ranging from 75 to 05. Every one of the damn things are great shooters with zero probs!! Imagine that! The nerve of my damn 700's! Just made the longest shot of my life Friday on a power line right of way with a 270 and Federal blue box factory ammo.

Ignore the naysayers. Remington makes a great rifle. It may take 2 or 3 different loads to find the one your rifle wants to shoot but I have yet to own any that wouldnt shoot at least one load extremely well. Most of my 700's will shoot nearly any load to my satisfaction.

Count me on Team Green.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
me too, wont buy another.

check out this link , click the link on that page comparing a rem barrel to a custom.

http://www.riflebarrels.com/
Yep they have left a bad taste in my mouth too. I can't say I wouldn't buy another one as some of their old stuff is pretty decent however, a lot of their stuff seems seems to not be so great. However, I'd be very hesitant to buy another and even more so if it wasn't an older one. If I was buying a bolt action rifle it for sure wouldn't be my choice.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vaclav
I just recently bought a Model 700 CDL and I love it. The first time I took it to the range I put 20 rounds through it and had a good 1.5 to 2" group. I have no complaints about it what so ever, however if I could afford to buy another rifle I would get a CZ-USA 550 in a .308 or a .30-60.
If I had a 700 and all it would do was a 1.5" to 2" group I'd be pretty unhappy with it.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
If I had a 700 and all it would do was a 1.5" to 2" group I'd be pretty unhappy with it.
My friend would have been happy with getting that, thing shot 5" groups with factory ammo and showed signs of pressure, bolt was hard to open and had flowing on back of case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.