Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger Compact ? >

Ruger Compact ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Compact ?

Old 01-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

It's on my list to get in the next few years. In 7mm-08. My cousin has one. Nice and short. Nice to carry. He shoots deer with it every year. I've never seen what it'll do off the bench, but it certainly kills the deer. His is the laminate stainless compact. Nice little gun.
-Jake
Old 01-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll add I did handle one.Maybe it's just a psychological thing because of such a short barrel but it felt a little odd to me.I would also look at Rems mode 7 and Wins compact featherweight.If used is OK I would try to find the original Model 7 with the 18 1/2" barrel or Rugers' 77 with the full length stock 18 1/2" barrel.Regardless I would go with 7-08.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Spike

I thought the same thing about it being too small and I'm a big guy but I got to shoot my buddies Compact yesterday and all I can say is I'll have one on order. Light, trigger was good, pointed great and shot great. Nice gun and great for the mountains I hunt.

What scope do you Compact owners have on them?

Thanks