Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Savage Team with impressive results >

Savage Team with impressive results

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage Team with impressive results

Old 11-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default Savage Team with impressive results

I came across this on the Savage website. Their team used factory rifles in the F-Class world championships. It looks like they really took it to the high end custom guns.

http://www.savagearms.com/BreakingNews08192009.htm

I would not have thought they were in that league, not bad for a $1,000 to $1,200.00 rifle.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I read not long ago that somebody took a national championship with one of savage's rifles. Same basic story:a far less expensive gun delivering top flight accuracy.

One more bit of evidence to the common claim that the Savage 110 and its variants are accurate all out of proportion to their cost.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Savage focuses quality where it counts, and give their rifles accurizing features. Adjustable triggers, free-floated barrels, etc. They aren't terribly attractive, but they sure do the trick
Old 11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my savage 10FP its the older non accu trigger version but you can hit bottle caps at 200 yards no problem.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

well, its not a case about a cheap rifle performing like a top end, its a case of top end shooters doing what they do best. i doubt the results at the end of the day would have been much different if the guys on team savage had remmys or something else.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dylan_b
well, its not a case about a cheap rifle performing like a top end, its a case of top end shooters doing what they do best. i doubt the results at the end of the day would have been much different if the guys on team savage had remmys or something else.
Nothing, but a rifle performing "like a top end" rifle is going to win at that level of competition. That would seem obvious to most.

The level of competition is extremely even and the idea that a shooter or team of shooters is so superior to the rest of worlds shooters that he can do it with inferior performing equipment is way off base IMHO. I am actually surprised that any factory rifle can compete just based on the quality of the barrels out there Shilen, Krieger etc. The thing that also impresses me so much is that very few shoot Savage in competition and that made a winning performance even more unlikely.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing, but a rifle performing "like a top end" rifle is going to win at that level of competition. That would seem obvious to most.
Absolutely. At that level you can not compete, much less win with out the best equipment.
i doubt the results at the end of the day would have been much different if the guys on team savage had remmys or something else.
I don't care how well you can shoot but there is no way in the world any one can just pick up a Remington at their local gun store and win in F-class and Palma. Besides that, no other production rifle company build F-class and Palma rifles do they? If Savage can build these rifles for $1200 retail and win against the best in the world and rifles costing thousands of dollars more then it certainly says something about the company and their rifles doesn't it.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

In this case I think it is much easier to tell the truth.
How easy would it be for someone to find out if the rifles they are shooting are not factory rifles?.....not very hard I imagine. The resulting lawsuits, bad publicity, etc. would obviously harm them financially.
I for one believe them until it is proved otherwise.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i doubt the results at the end of the day would have been much different if the guys on team savage had remmys or something else.
I think this misses the point. That savage f-class is a factory rifle retailing at around $1200 bucks. It's a pittance compared to some of the costs of the custom rifles they were going against.

Also, unless I misunderstand the literature, savage is the only company that offers this type of rifle as a factory rifle. It's astonishing that they can get that kind of performance for the cost.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Do you actualy believe that savage, and team savage would go into a world competition with that kind of handicap? its easier to lie.
RR
i think you might be right, the savage target rifles use shaw barrels and ive yet to see a shaw barrel get someone into the top 5 in competition yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.