Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Savage Team with impressive results >

Savage Team with impressive results

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage Team with impressive results

Old 11-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Scott Gags
Nothing, but a rifle performing "like a top end" rifle is going to win at that level of competition. That would seem obvious to most.
i never said the rifles werent top level shooters, i just dont believe that the rifle is the x factor in winning a competition. i know that first hand, back in the day i shot my way into the number 5 spot in canadas youth 300 meter prone league with a prototype AIA, it had a chrome lined barrel. before that no one in canada thought that could be done with a chrome lined barrel
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Dylans Quote

i never said the rifles werent top level shooters,
You most certainly did say they werent top shooters.

Your first post was:

well, its not a case about a cheap rifle performing like a top end
We all know the the Savage F Class is cheap so you must have been referring to them not performing like a top end rifle.

Last edited by Scott Gags; 11-11-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 11-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Do you actualy believe that savage, and team savage would go into a world competition with that kind of handicap? its easier to lie.
RR
Originally Posted by dylan_b
i think you might be right, the savage target rifles use shaw barrels and ive yet to see a shaw barrel get someone into the top 5 in competition yet.
Over on longrangehunting.com on of the members of the team posted the details of the equipment used. They are in fact stock rifles. The actions were hand bedded with devcon, and they added adjustable cheek and but plates to the rifles.

The guy could be lying but I think it would be difficult to do considering your competitors are right next to you on the firirng line and would know what they are looking.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Scott Gags
Dylans Quote

You most certainly did say they werent top shooters.

Your first post was:

We all know the the Savage F Class is cheap so you must have been referring to them not performing like a top end rifle.
you misunderstood what i was trying to say, i meant that they won because they were good shooters, irregardless of the rifle whether the rifle was cheap or not.

Last edited by dylan_b; 11-16-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dylan_b
you misunderstood what i was trying to say, i meant that they won because they were good shooters, irregardless of the rifle whether the rifle was cheap or not.
Just being a very good marksman isn't good enough at that level of competition. I don't care how good you are, if your rifle won't shoot any better than 1.5MOA, you simply will not compete, let alone win. In order to compete, one must both be an outstanding marksman AND have equipment capable of shooting better than the least accurate rifle on the firing line. The point is that the Savage team won not one, but many trophies, with the same rifle that you or I can buy off the shelf, against everyone else shooting custom guns most of us could never hope to afford. I have no doubt that the members of the Savage team are excellent shots, just like every other competitor at that level of competition. The point is that their rifles were able to compete as well, which for a $1200 factory rifle, says a LOT.

Mike
Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

My out of the box savage F/TR,308