Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Replacement stock for Remington 700 Mountain rifle? >

Replacement stock for Remington 700 Mountain rifle?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Replacement stock for Remington 700 Mountain rifle?

Old 11-05-2009, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Replacement stock for Remington 700 Mountain rifle?

Anyone know where I can find a replacement stock for a Remington 700 Mountain Rifle?

I've searched and haven't found many. I see lots for Rem.700 BDL, ADL but not the Mountain Rifle.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try Midway, Brownells, Cabelas, GunBroker, Ebay and last but not least Remington.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I be curious to know what you find. I have never found one that I was absolutely sure was a correct fit either. I have been told that the stock that comes on a new Remington Ti is correct and they run about $285 new.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Check with www.stockystocks.com , www.midwayusa.com www.hsprecision.com
Old 11-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Replaced my LSS stock with a B&C composit stock for a Rem 700. Had to do a little fitting around the bolt handle slot but other than that it works just fine. Also cut a good pound from the weight too.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by goatbrother
Replaced my LSS stock with a B&C composit stock for a Rem 700. Had to do a little fitting around the bolt handle slot but other than that it works just fine. Also cut a good pound from the weight too.

I got my rifle in 1990. Not sure if they changed anything since then.

I believe my barrel is slimmer than a regular 700, it's tapered.

I was hoping to pick something up $100-$150.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of replacement stock are you looking for? OEM? Composite? Solid walnut? There are numerous sources for aftermarket stocks for the M-700. If you want factory original, try calling Remington. Otherwise you can look at any of the following links (these are just a sampling of the more popular ones that come immediately to mind):

HS Precision
McMillian
Boyd's Gunstocks
Richard's Microfit Gunstocks
http://www.stockysstocks.com/
Bell & Carlson
Hogue
Choate

Any of the above each make a selection of stocks for the M-700, you just have to find one you like. As for the smaller than standard barrel taper, either you can just use one for a standard Remington taper and live with the slightly larger stock/barrel gap, or many of these stockmakers will custom inlet the barrel channel for your barrels taper. You just have to call them.

Mike
Old 11-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by driftrider
What kind of replacement stock are you looking for? OEM? Composite? Solid walnut? There are numerous sources for aftermarket stocks for the M-700. If you want factory original, try calling Remington. Otherwise you can look at any of the following links (these are just a sampling of the more popular ones that come immediately to mind):

HS Precision
McMillian
Boyd's Gunstocks
Richard's Microfit Gunstocks
http://www.stockysstocks.com/
Bell & Carlson
Hogue
Choate

Any of the above each make a selection of stocks for the M-700, you just have to find one you like. As for the smaller than standard barrel taper, either you can just use one for a standard Remington taper and live with the slightly larger stock/barrel gap, or many of these stockmakers will custom inlet the barrel channel for your barrels taper. You just have to call them.

Mike

Mine is a 700 mountain rifle. the barrel is slimmer than a 700 BDL or ADL. The gun weighs about 6 3/4 lbs. without the scope. came from the factory with a tapered/lightweight barrel without sights. The ADL or BDL stocks probably won't work because the barrel is larger dia.

I saw that Midway is out of stock for the mountain rifle.

I'd like something composite. Would like a thunb hole if possible. The original is walnut.

I may end up having to spend more.

They are hard to find for this rifle.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Inactive

Try Fajen, I was on their site the other day and saw the stock you are looking for.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many of the stockmakers can inlet the barrel channel to your specifications based on the slimmer barrel on the Mountain version. I know that Richard's Microfit will inlet however you want. I would imagine that McMillan and HS Precision can too. And since the barrel is slimmer than the standard Remington taper, any stock inletted for a standard taper barrel will work just fine, you'll just have more space between the forearm and barrel. The stock will only touch the action and perhaps the first couple inches of barrel, but this is fine. So find a stock you like and call about custom inletting.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.