Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which one would you choose? >

Which one would you choose?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which one would you choose?

Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to say. Neither is one I'd throw into my mix of possibles but if on a budget and at that price point, I suppose I'd go with whichever felt better to hold.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

I ended up buying the Marlin. Thanks for all the input.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool. I'm sure you will like the Marlin if the reviews I've seen are how yours is. I'd have said the Howa as the price is similar and I like wood stocks. If it hadn't been for the wood stock I would have bought the Marlin just like you did. In fact I've looked at a few Marlin XL7's recently. They get great reviews and look like a really nice rifle for a great price. Let us know how you like yours.

BTW where did you find the Marlin for $210? They seem to be around $300 around here. I'd probably buy the 25-06 one I've been looking at tomorrow if I saw it new for $210.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My preference is for the Rugers but of the two mentioned I would have gone for the Howa.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Marlin; I'm tough on my stuff..........
Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

both are great guns for the money but i am a little biased for the marlin cause it is made in the usa
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Cool. I'm sure you will like the Marlin if the reviews I've seen are how yours is. I'd have said the Howa as the price is similar and I like wood stocks. If it hadn't been for the wood stock I would have bought the Marlin just like you did. In fact I've looked at a few Marlin XL7's recently. They get great reviews and look like a really nice rifle for a great price. Let us know how you like yours.

BTW where did you find the Marlin for $210? They seem to be around $300 around here. I'd probably buy the 25-06 one I've been looking at tomorrow if I saw it new for $210.
I bought it at Cabela's. I received a $30 off coupon in the mail and had points and gift cards. It retails there for $299. It ended up being $212 otd.

I was torn as I prefer wood stocks to synthetic but read too many good things about the Marlin.