Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Where to Find a Remington Genesis >

Where to Find a Remington Genesis

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Where to Find a Remington Genesis

Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Where to Find a Remington Genesis

I purchased a Remington Genesis a few years ago from BassPro and am looking to buy another one. In searching online, I notice that I could not find them in either Cabelas or BassPro's web site.

Curious why they stopped carrying them or if they carry them but, no longer online?

Anyone experience this or know about it?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think they are made anymore but i'm not 100 percent positive on that. Try gunbroker.com you can find pretty much anything there
Old 10-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remington isn't manufacturing them anymore. They were made by Traditions and then sold under the Remington name. There's still a few places selling the ones they still have left over. Here's one place...

http://www.openseasongear.com/Search...ington+genesis
Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the add thing for Natchezss.com had them listed. Not sure if they actaully stock them or not but assume they do. They were pretty expensive from what I saw.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome info and links. Thanks so much. I'll check them out!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think they're made "by" remington anymore, but under Traditions they were called the Yukon, and those are still made. Might be able to find some unsold ones somewhere though.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Genesis was indeed made by Traditions. The are no longer sold under the Remington name, though you may still find one somewhere.

You could just go to the traditions site to see what they are currently offering.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks to the links, I did find a place that had them. I am working on the wife for approval

Also, checked out the guns on the traditions website.

Bummer this style gun has not been that well received. I am a big fan.

edit: I still think I will buy the Remington model for a bit higher cost. Rather then the Yukon.

Last edited by pick00l; 10-09-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks again. I ordered one from Natchezss this morning.

Went with the FUully camo gun and barrel. Hope it looks good! Was a toss between that one and the buckmasters version of camo and Stainless Steel.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pick00l
Thanks again. I ordered one from Natchezss this morning.

Went with the FUully camo gun and barrel. Hope it looks good! Was a toss between that one and the buckmasters version of camo and Stainless Steel.
Should've gone with the Buckmasters. Even though I don't care for Buckmasters the brand, that version rifle is nice. The all camo one will flake off pretty easily. I have heard this from numerous people. Those rifles are very cheaply made, although pretty darn accurate.

Here's a tip for you. If you're going to mount a scope on the Genesis, make sure to put a little electrical tape around the scope right above the Torch Cam Breech Block. Those rifles have horrible blowback and will burn your scope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.