Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
.270 Savage ammo?? >

.270 Savage ammo??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.270 Savage ammo??

Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by trailrider894
i have been using core lokts for a couple of years and i just wanna try something else. I consider long range +300yd's but my max is 600yd's.
\this is what i have been using and they seem to be working great
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trailrider894
Well i have made 6inch ( 5 shots per group ) groups at 500 yards before. So yeah i say max is maybe more like 450 yards. I am a pretty good shot. At least that is what i am told.
There is a LOT of difference in 450 and 600. I'm not trying to be a smart ass but anyone who has shot enough to be good at 600 yard shots, would not come on here and ask which rounds to use. I have learned so much on this site in the last few years and I'm just now starting to move outside of my comfort zone in distance. My guns are much more capable of shooting 600 yards than I am. However, after a little knowledge, a little practice, and the right equipment, I'm shooting farther distances with more accuracy than I ever have. The other day I was hitting a 16" by 16" metal target at 520 yards, over and over!! I'm very proud of that. I would have never been able to do that a couple of years ago. Good Luck.