Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
30-30 trajectory >

30-30 trajectory

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

30-30 trajectory

Old 10-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

really..........what the heck was that all about??????????? my mom shot a 30-30 when hunting but she didn't say a darn thing about GOLD OR PRICES OF GOLD WHEN SHE HUNTED. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
Old 10-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

jesse - have your buddy sight that 30-30 in, dead-on at 50 yards... he'll be fine to about 120 or. Ideally, sight in so it is about 1/2 high at fifty, you'll be 'on' at around 140ish (depending upon bullet weight). How far do you expect to shoot?

for generally in-the-woods apps... a zero of fifty yards, or just a little high (<1" high) at fifty will do just fine.

check out http://www.handloads.com/calc/
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Our shots won't be any longer than 100 yards with most being 50 or less hunting the woods, and swamps. We went out two weeks ago and got it right on at 50 yards. Thanks for all of the info. I decided to just stick with the factory 170 grain corelokts for my bolt this year. (I haven't got set up to reload my 30-30 yet I have been working up loads for my 44 redhawk). They have worked very well for me in the past so I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. I am going to my buddies land in Minnesota in less than two weeks for my first gun hunt during the rut over there and can't hardly stand waiting. I'll let you guys know how we do. ps What was up with that one post? Where are the super moderators on that one? LOL