Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Went for used BuckMark, didn' t work >

Went for used BuckMark, didn' t work

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Went for used BuckMark, didn' t work

Old 05-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Went for used BuckMark, didn' t work

I told you about the $200 used buck mark and it was determined to be a fair price and a good gun. As I filled out the check, I asked the guy to shoot it (pawn/gun shop). Seems the bullet is coming out of mag at a ackward angle and is not finding its way into the chamber so the gun jams. I think we had a few stove-pipes. I really wanted the gun as it looks to be in great shape, but don' t know what the problem is. Any ideas? Sure glad i made him shoot it (had a tank for testing).
Old 05-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Went for used BuckMark, didn' t work

I know there are a lot of Browning supporters in here...so I' m probably about to get lamb-asted...but I' ve heard a ton of horror stories about the buckmark. I' ve heard they are hard to clean, and zero-sight will float, and that they are jammers.

I don' t own one, but know 3 diffeent people that have, and they won' t buy another. Maybe it' s just me......

I love Browning' s rifles, so don' t think I' m bashing them.................
Old 05-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

I am not sure if they are still making the buck mark b/c when we had trouble, the guy called his distributor and he did not have any available (didn' t say theyweren' t making them but could not get us one). Called another reputable shop and got the same message. For all I know, they both were calling the same distributor, but maybe not.

If they aren' t making it, that would suggest it has not been a good and/or successful gun.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

tealboy, it' s good that you checked it before buying it.Not seeing the gun is hard to say what the problem is.The way you discribed it I think it' s probably a bad magazine. The magazine lips maybe bent not letting the cartridge come out correctly.If the pawn shop has another magazine try it.I' ll be willing to bet it' s the magazine where the problem is......
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger is right. It' s probabaly just a magazine problem. (clip)
Old 05-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

The old Browning Challenger was really bad about jamming. I had 2 of them and never could shoot a full magazine without at least one jam. I' ve never heard of any problems out of the Buckmark. I agree with the others. It' s probably the magazine.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive shot over 2000rds out of my buckmark in 6 months and NEVER had 1 jam or malfunction...never had the zero move(i put a fiberoptic front site on) and its simple to clean...anyone who knows anything about gun assembly can do it...i only had sig sauers apart before i got the buck mark....first day i stripped it and cleaned it no problem...i also shot 100rds through another guys who had his for a long while and he never had a problem and it shot great..the reason for me buying one...maybe im just lucky.....i agree ive seen guns not funtion properly because of the magazine..or the feed ramp can be dirty.....good luck
Old 05-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I once had a Medalist. It was superb, but the grip size appeared to be made to fit King Kong! None of my shooting friends had paws big enough for it either, and the way the grip was fitted, it would have been difficult to fit a smaller one on the frame.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Check out what RR said. I highly doubt the gun is the problem.

They are still making the buckmark, I can' t go into a fire arms store of any kind without seeing one of every configuration.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:06 PM
Host of Hosts

I' ve NEVER had a bit of trouble with mine, NOT ONCE!

Quick Reply: Went for used BuckMark, didn' t work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.