Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Opinions Please >

Opinions Please

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Opinions Please

Old 09-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Question Opinions Please

My dog has decided he wants to be a serious grouse dog. Last season he was flushing grouse and I shot them with a .22LR. Yes, it's legal and they just flush into the trees here. A few days ago he flushed some in a willow bottom. I hit one with my.410 single shot and he retrieved it (SHOCKING!). I forgot how much fun wing shooting could be. I don't think the .410 is ethical.

I can take no credit, he learned it all on his own. We have 18 so far for the season.

I am on a budget and am looking to pick up a 20g. SS or an O/U with adjustable choke.
Looking at;
Remington SPR 310 w/ 26" barrel?
Stoeger Condor w/ 26" barrel?
Stoeger Upland w/ 26" barrel?
Opinions please?
I would love to spend up for a Citori or a Bennilli but the lady of the house wouldn't be peaceful about it.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. I wish I had such a natural. What a feeling that must be. You don't have to force the dog he just wants to do it. You must be so proud. What's you dog's name? Do you have a picture?

Tom
Old 09-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by statjunk
Wow. I wish I had such a natural. What a feeling that must be. You don't have to force the dog he just wants to do it. You must be so proud. What's you dog's name? Do you have a picture?

Tom
His name is Wilson and he is actually a sled dog/wolf mix. It's astonishing. He's the yellow dog. The black dog just goes along for the walk. I am pretty proud, thanks. It has reinvigorated my fire for bird hunting. We are actually looking at getting an ADD Deutsch Drahthaar pup in a year or two now.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting/302266-opening-morning.html
Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

you left handed? is that why SPR? I bought my son a 20g ithica...nice lil gun...less than SPR and can get in 28g
Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by djdkman
you left handed? is that why SPR? I bought my son a 20g ithica...nice lil gun...less than SPR and can get in 28g
No I'm right handed is the SPR lefty specific? The SPR is one of the 3 guns mentioned to me by a friend.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

no...but its bottom ejection same as ithicas....I think a better choice for resale then a leftie
Old 09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by djdkman
no...but its bottom ejection same as ithicas....I think a better choice for resale then a leftie
SPR 310 is an O/U
Old 09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

ah...new the odders was O/U...nut that one..me learned'd sumin...and 310...dang thats pretty gun

Last edited by djdkman; 09-20-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Typical Buck

Lotta people on here don't like the SPRs. Personally, I own one and it keeps up with my dads citori. The only thing about 'em is that they can be hard to find parts for because they're made in the old ussr. My recommendation is get the SPR and if you're thinking of making it you're main shotgun get a 12 ga.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IndyHunter83
Lotta people on here don't like the SPRs. Personally, I own one and it keeps up with my dads citori. The only thing about 'em is that they can be hard to find parts for because they're made in the old ussr. My recommendation is get the SPR and if you're thinking of making it you're main shotgun get a 12 ga.
Thanks!
No it's not my main shotgun! I have a 12g. and it's a little rough on grouse and huns. It has a fixed MOD choke.

1 vote for the SPR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.