Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
do you own a gun read this >

do you own a gun read this

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

do you own a gun read this

Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default do you own a gun read this

Do you posess a fir earm?
Read this.
Now 'all Guns' must be listed on your next (2010) tax return! As if we didn’t have enough to get upset about! If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered! Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun. | This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24, 2009, by the Omama staff. BUT . . this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective ! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act o f 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all. Trust Obama ? ..... you must be kidding ! | The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage,U.S. Senate You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. | You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.| | Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply. It has begun . . . Whatever Obama's secret Master Plan is....this is just the 'tip of the iceburg!' Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Ac t of 2009.| Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying t o fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usuual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill befre signing and approving it ! To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information. Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: -It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison. If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many opt ions to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pas s this along.| This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming o f our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it. This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.. : Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.

you're pres. at work
pass this along to all gun owners
Old 09-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Spike

It'll never pass. Even if it does, I'm not going to list any of my guns on there. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't mean to bust your bubble but this has been going around for a while. It was a bill introduced in 2000 that never even had a chance of being passed, even the guy who wrote it back then new it was a long shot. Dates and words have been changed recently to get gun owners scared. I just want to make sure no one gets worried or mad about this when its something that the anti's reworded and butchered up to get gun owners in a frenzy. Here's the Snopes on it:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/taxreturns.asp
Old 09-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

debunked on our local news last night
Old 09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

renfrowridge probably e-mailed that to everyone in his address book too. Here's a few sentences I thought were funny.

This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24, 2009, by the Omama staff. BUT . . this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective !

The president's staff introduced a bill? I did not know they had the constitutional power to do that. A law that only becomes public knowledge 30 days after it "becomes effective?" How did renfrowridge find out about it? I'll bet my blaze orange hat someone sent it to him in an e-mail!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

The OP put this in at least three places on this site. The OP mentions HR 45, the Blair Holt bill. There is a Blair Holt bill but it has no co-sponsors and it will go nowhere. Snopes debunked the SB 2099 thing several mohths ago.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/taxreturns.asp