Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I finally got it >

I finally got it

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I finally got it

Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Did the BAR have a shorter than normal barrel? Or just the stock barrel was short? From what I've seen 2" or so groups at 100 yards seems to be about normal for these guns. I've read where several guys say how they are really accurate and shoot under 1" at 100 yards but seems like the ones I've seen and most of the people I've talked to with them don't seem to get groups that tight.

Have you tried the Claw slings? I don't know about on a BAR but I really like the slings.

For the Rem 700 that's an amazing looking gun. I bet it does shoot amazing. Maybe someday I will have one something like that. Do you do much hunting with it or just target shooting?

My BAR has an 18in barrel. ill get a picture of it up eventually

and i do both with that gun, target shoot and hunt coyotes with it, jsut started last year so havent really had much luck with it yet.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the neoprene slings made by Butler Creek they do not slip off your shoulder ever.
I have been using this type of sling for over 10-years. I bought my father one years ago, because his rifle was always slipping off his shoulder. He likes it.
Leather slings slip off your shoulder. Neoprene slings do not slip off your shoulder.