Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
30.06 Eddystone >

30.06 Eddystone

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

30.06 Eddystone

Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default 30.06 Eddystone

My father-in-law just passed away and left me an excellent condition 1917, 30.06 Eddystone. I was wondering if anybody would know it's worth?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

The model of 1917 enfield is sometimes used for very large rifles such as the .458 Lott and .375 H&H and other large stoppers.

Typically those are made from Winchester and Remington made enfields but some smiths use the Eddystone too.

The Eddystones have a very hard case depth to the action and occasionally the action will crack when the barrel is removed.

There is absolutely no evidence that in it's original form of .30-06 that it isn't totally strong enough for any handloading or other ammo. The Eddystone is a fine rifle as-is!

If the rifle is in unaltered military condition (and in good condition) they have sold locally at auctions for the $400 mark. This is much more than I am willing to pay but the market of original and unaltered military guns is surprisingly strong.

I hope this helps.