Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Air gun for rabbits >

Air gun for rabbits

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Air gun for rabbits

Old 08-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
Hello all.

I have a bit of a rabbit problem where I live. Rabbits have turned my backyard into their personal caffeteria and toilet.

I've decided the most effective way to deal with the issue is to just shoot the critters with a pellet gun.

Rob

I would also go with the 22 CB Long's, AND have the pellet gun near by. If caught, just come out with the pellet gun

The CB's only travel at just over 700fps, and carry a little over 30 foot pounds of energy=same as a high powered 22cal air rifle at about 900fps And they are way quieter than any air rifle!

If you must use the pellet gun, take only head shots ;-)

P.S.

Please add me to the pissy list as well

Last edited by LaneNebraska; 08-15-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:50 PM

How about a havahart trap and stout chunk of wood?

Nothing get inadvertently poisoned, the neighbors aren't disturbed, and you can have some rabbit pot pie out of the deal.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Spike

Aguila Super Colibri !!! 22lr. they are alot queter then the cb's. they have no powder in them, just the primer propells them. i have shot many rabbits and squerrels with them, (head shots). the wife she couldnt even hear them inside the house and i was standing on the front porch.
the only place i can find them around here is gander mountain and they are 3 bux a box of 50.