Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Minimum Energy for whitetails... >

Minimum Energy for whitetails...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Minimum Energy for whitetails...

Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Spike

min energy to kill a deer. come to Tenn, in November with the CENTERFIRE rifle of your choice! hunt for a month and half kill three bucks (for the season) and three does ( A DAY) you can try all your gun's and load's see which one works for you best. bring a big cooler. p.s. thee a day only in ( L ) county's personaly I perfer the 223 ranch rifle with 45gr hp real easy to shoot those bean eatin verman from my combine. when i go hunting i use a smoke pole. (don't kill it if somebody is not going to eat it )
Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

I thought I might learn something in this thread but I've read 5 pages now and learnt nuttin. I cant answer your ? Bro cause I really dont know. But at least I wont bark some BS comment about how an acorn falling out of a tree will kill a deer just as quick as a 416 rigby! Personally, I hate the whole "I can kill a deer with a 22lr" talk. I mean, who can't? Shoot it in the eye! Does that make it ethical? H&ll no!!!!! It all boils down to idiots wanting to brag about how good a shot they are but no one on here really cares so why keep bringing it up? Me I'llnuse anything from 243 on up because I dont want to depend on my "pinpoint accuracy" to kill a deer. We all owe the animal more than that!!! If you hunt deer with a 22lr yur an idiot, PERIOD!