Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3? >

marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Play nice girls.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Play nice girls.
That comment coming from a guy with your screenname ? http://snugglebugsandbows.blogspot.com/
http://www.littlebugsandbows.com/shop/
http://kreationsbykara.com/cart/inde...77015d623e969e
Old 04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's right smartazz. Perhaps you could enlighten us all (on here): 1). what's wrong with my name? 2). why you think anybody would care about what you think. 3). Are most Iowans as rude, ignorant and smart mouthed as you? 4). Did your momma have any kids that lived? Maybe you should head on over to the 24 hr. campfire site. Grow up pal.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
That's right smartazz. Perhaps you could enlighten us all (on here): 1). what's wrong with my name? 2). why you think anybody would care about what you think. 3). Are most Iowans as rude, ignorant and smart mouthed as you? 4). Did your momma have any kids that lived? Maybe you should head on over to the 24 hr. campfire site. Grow up pal.

Didn't 'ya catch the "" at the end of my post or are you too rigid to take a little joke?

If you're gonna get your "bows" all ruffled up then I'd suggest next time you don't run your mouth in someone elses business if you are too sissy to take a little flak for it.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Risasi
I'm addicted to pointing out the obvious to dumbazzes.....Especially those unable to find their azz with a flashlight. You have become quite a case study. I figured that you'd understand the Clapton analogy (that means comparison) but since you didn't I brought down to your level of intelligence.

Clearly you don't and can't get it. I'm really sorry about that.

There is a clean-up on aisle 4, you'd better get going........
Sorry man, you lost my interest several posts back when you started with the smack talk.

I'll kindly bow out and leave you and the other guy here to get to know one another. Birds of a feather they say.

Later.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool, I'm a sissy!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Spike

I will only comment about the Tikka(243) as I have had one for three years now. Only gun I have that has not had to have trigger work done and the trigger is the best of any gun I have. I have two Savage bolts, A-bolt(270) and Bar in Browning. The A-Bolt has a better fit and finnish but I pickup the Tikka more and more. It is lighter, better trigger, smoother action and the most accurate. I have tried four factory ammos, and about 10 different handloads. All factory ammo and handloads shot sub MOA, two factory and six handloads shot 1/2 MOA at 100 yards three shot groups. My A-bolt will shoot MOA. Never shot a Marlin but maybe I will look at one but right now my next gun would be a Tikka. One Savage has a PacNor(MOA) and the other is a work in progress.

Last edited by 153; 04-28-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Spike

I just bought my wife a T3, I had it narrowed down to a Remington 700, Weatherby, or a Savage. I got the T3 because of its association with Sako. I also fell in love with the detachable mag and how smooth the action is. Something else thought, the bolt locks closed with the safety. My 30-06 700 does not at it is so frustrating to be hiking along only to pull your gun up and have the action open and the round ejected. Don't know if that happens to the rest of you but it has happened to me a few times. I also wanted a 25-06 in stainless and the Marlin does not come in that.

Last edited by 2litl2l8; 04-28-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Spike

I just picked up a Tikka T3 Lite (synthetic/blued) in .270 WIN. Very light weight. The action is awesome, smooth as silk and feels solid. The trigger is also very, very nice. I got it used, with a Leupold VX-1 4-12x40, all for a very nice price. The entire thing has a solid "quality" feel to it.
Took it to the range on my way home to check and see if the scope was still zeroed from the previous owner. I only had about 30 minutes to spare, so I only fired three rounds. Important to note here that I have not fired a rifle in over 15 years!!!
100 yards off the bench, using a duffel bag as a rest.

Can't wait to get out on a day where I have more time, a few different brands of ammo, and I'll try it at 200 yards as well.
Attached Thumbnails marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?-tikka_t3_270-007-rs.jpg