Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3? >

marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:57 AM
FA
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Risasi
So you have a Savage, Marlin XL-7, and a $2,500 Kimber? You mentioned nothing about affordability. You were saying that a $400 Savage and a $2,500 Kimber (no mention of the model) are essentially the same. Who is trying to insult someones intelligence? Just trying to get the story straight.
Sir, there is no story. My point being a 400.00 rifle will hit hair or paper the same at 200 yards as a 2,500.00 rifle. I don't own a Marlin XL-7 but have fired one. Not bad for a cheepo rifle, however I do own a number of Marlin leveractions along with Winchester levers with one of my favorite being a Henry in .44 mag.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:01 AM
FA
Fork Horn

I just find it interesting that you stop at being able to shoot a group, which is to say that they both go "bang". The ability to shoot is far from a "comparison".

I only want to say one thing and then I'm done with this. You need to loose your attitude. I only wanted to make a point thats all. This is over. WOW!!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

When you get a rifle on the market that can be found to shoot sub-moa with factory ammo and can be found at retail for 259 bucks, it tends to ride up in the crack of the guys that spent over a grand for theirs. (No hard feeling to those fellas, just stating what I've experienced.) In their mind, somehow, someway, there has to be something wrong with it and when they can't find a fault, they'll refer to it as "cheepo".

Funny thing though, in over two years of stellar sales and thousands of units on the range and in the field, the Marlin XL/XS's are exactly what they are, a very affordable, very dependable rifle that operates and shoots like rifles costing four times as much.

Now that they've been pulled from the big box stores such as Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Wally world and will for the time being only be sold to small independent shops, I'd imagine the price will slowly rise to match the performance.
Now that Marlin is offering the gun in walnut and laminate stocks, and stainless barrels, maybe it'll be more worthy of a spot at the range in the eyes of the firearms elitists.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 03-18-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 PM
FA
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IAhuntr
When you get a rifle on the market that can be found to shoot sub-moa with factory ammo and can be found at retail for 259 bucks, it tends to ride up in the crack of the guys that spent over a grand for theirs. (No hard feeling to those fellas, just stating what I've experienced.) In their mind, somehow, someway, there has to be something wrong with it and when they can't find a fault, they'll refer to it as "cheepo".

Funny thing though, in over two years of stellar sales and thousands of units on the range and in the field, the Marlin XL/XS's are exactly what they are, a very affordable, very dependable rifle that operates and shoots like rifles costing four times as much.

Now that they've been pulled from the big box stores such as Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Wally world and will for the time being only be sold to small independent shops, I'd imagine the price will slowly rise to match the performance.
Now that Marlin is offering the gun in walnut and laminate stocks, and stainless barrels, maybe it'll be more worthy of a spot at the range in the eyes of the firearms elitists.

Thankyou. Very well said.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

There are things beyond MOA that seem to out of the grasp of the $300 crowd.

Some like Boones Farm, some like Schaffer. If you know the difference, then you know the difference. If you don't, then do not say that there is none. You sir, have not received any attitude. However, I've plenty if need be.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some like Boones Farm, some like Schaffer. If you know the difference, then you know the difference. If you don't, then do not say that there is none. You sir, have not received any attitude. However, I've plenty if need be.
Risasi,

I assume you mean Shafer ?

http://www.shafervineyards.com/

Because I know Boones Farm also............................
Old 03-19-2010, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quite a pizzen match here boyz. Shoot what ya want. Like I said earlier... you can have the Marlin, I'll take my Cooper. Nuff said!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Risasi,

I assume you mean Shafer ?

http://www.shafervineyards.com/

Because I know Boones Farm also............................
LOL!

Last edited by IAhuntr; 03-19-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Yours is exactly the type of response I would expect from exactly the type of person I was attempting to describe. Thanks for the example.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 03-19-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

The finest wine in the world, is the wine that you enjoy !

The same is true for a lot of things in life...................be happy !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.