Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3? >

marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?

Old 03-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IAhuntr

Yours is exactly the type of response I would expect from exactly the type of person I was attempting to describe. Thanks for the example.
Thanks for the compliment. As you continue to walk aimlessly through life, I hope your Field and Stream subscription doesn't run out, depriving you from the in depth knowledge of what you think you understand.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Risasi
Thanks for the compliment. As you continue to walk aimlessly through life, I hope your Field and Stream subscription doesn't run out, depriving you from the in depth knowledge of what you think you understand.
Oh you can surely do better than that.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned

It's difficult to explain to someone who doesn't understand, what they don't understand, because they are incapable of understanding. Is that better, skeleton boy?

Lets try one more for you. Give an average guitar player a Mexican made Fender Strat ($400) American Strat ($1,200) and a 57' Strat ($40,000+). Put a blindfold on him and ask him to tell you the difference.

Give the same guitars to Eric Clapton. Blind fold him and see what happens. Not only will he tell you the difference, he'll be able to tell you the type of wood the finger board is, and what the finish is, probably how many winds are on the pickups, etc, etc. Hell, he could probably tell you what day of the week they were built on.

You see princess, there is a difference. You just have to be experienced enough to find it. Yes, MOA is a nice thing, it's just not the only thing.

This will be the last lesson on educating the ignorant. Maybe you should try Wikipedia next time.

Best Regards,

Ris
Old 03-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Pretty much anyone who frequents a gun forum probably appreciates a fine rifle.
I own several myself, but when the weather is foul, the moment has arrived, and the chance at a trophy presents itself, nothing else matters much at all but having a reliable weapon with a consistant POI and a quality scope to lead the bullet on it's way.
In other words- It's nice to have an inexpensive option to take out in harsh conditions that will perform as good if not better than some of the other more significant investments which reside in the guncase.

Now unless you are hunting in front of a mirror or an audience, the finish on your gun or the receipt in your wallet doesn't mean diddly-squat as far as hunting goes. Reliably hitting the target in your scope is the bottom line.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 03-21-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Spike

3 Shot Groups and one four round group with .308 Tikka T3 Lite

The upper groupings was used for break in using Mag Tec.

The targets on bottom represent -

Tikka T3 Lite in .308 Using Hornady 308 Win 168 gr A-max Match Ammo.

I don't have enough room where I shoot to reach 200. These target represent 155 yards off a bipod on a bench.

By the way this is out of the box. Just picked both up yesterday.
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...n/IMG_0101.jpg

Try the ammo it improved my groups. No Choice But a Tikka for the money. Extended Mag - Blued Barrel - Sweet looking tac driver.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just find it interesting that you stop at being able to shoot a group, which is to say that they both go "bang". The ability to shoot is far from a "comparison".
What more is there to compare? It starts and stops with accuracy! What else is there?
"Smooth" doesn't mean a thing if its not accurate!
"Beauty" Pretty is for the wall, not the woods!

Minute of angle, is minute of angle, wether it costs 400 or 4000!
Don't get me wrong, I like nice guns too! Who doesn't!?!
One poster basically said, "if someone were giving you a cheap gun or an expensive gun, which would you choose?"
My answer is if they both shoot 1/2", yeah, I'm gonna take the expensive one! But, the bottom line is price does not guarantee accuracy except maybe from a custom shop! Even at that, 10X the price doesn't get you 10X the accuracy.
As Col. Whelen said "Only accurate guns are interesting!"
Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Banned

See what happens when you sell schit?

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/13...s_closure.html
Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

See what happens when you sell schit?

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/13...s_closure.html
The existing Marlin plant is closing soley due to the ongoing economic/political issues in CT, which has lost just about every major manufacturing operation to other more competitive states over the last few years, including Winchester.
Remington is simply moving Marlin production is to a more business friendly state and likely combining production with an existing Remington plant.

Another missed jab....

Last edited by IAhuntr; 04-01-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IAhuntr
The existing Marlin plant is closing soley due to the ongoing economic/political issues in CT, which has lost just about every major manufacturing operation to other more competitive states over the last few years, including Winchester.
Remington is simply moving Marlin production is to a more business friendly state and likely combining production with an existing Remington plant.

Another missed jab....
Yes and I'm sure that the quality of those fine bolt actions will continue to get better, just like the Remingtons did when they offered the 710 and 770. Your assumptions are hilarious. I especially like how you assume that "high end" guns mean some high grade walnut stock and a bright blue finish. Pretty good. I guess its kinda like sheep for you Iowa boys.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

Yes and I'm sure that the quality of those fine bolt actions will continue to get better, just like the Remingtons did when they offered the 710 and 770. Your assumptions are hilarious. I especially like how you assume that "high end" guns mean some high grade walnut stock and a bright blue finish. Pretty good. I guess its kinda like sheep for you Iowa boys.
Ahh, using the proverbial 'last straw'- namecalling and innuendo.
Not suprising, considering your previous posts, but you have indeed made a wonderful example of my earlier point.

Hey, I thought a couple posts ago was to be your last?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.