Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3? >

marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

marlin XL-7 or Tikka T3?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:46 AM

The XL7 is $297 at Bass Pro. I can't find another rifle that gets the accuracy props that is in the same price range.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Only one person can make that call........................it's you.

You tell us, after you handle them both................................

Two guns pretty much in the same leauge.

Do they both have the features that are most important to you ?

Most importantly which "fits" you better.............You'll know as soon as you shoulder & rack them both.

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-16-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Having owned both of the rifles in question, there is no doubt in my mind that the Marlin is hands down the winner. I dont make it a habit of getting rid of firearms but the Tikka was just lousy in the accuracy dept and the stainless barrel had specks of rust on it from the box. Needless to say the Marlin is in a safe and Tikka is long gone .
Old 07-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by doubleA
Having owned both of the rifles in question, there is no doubt in my mind that the Marlin is hands down the winner. I dont make it a habit of getting rid of firearms but the Tikka was just lousy in the accuracy dept and the stainless barrel had specks of rust on it from the box. Needless to say the Marlin is in a safe and Tikka is long gone .

Don't believe I would have accepted a rifle that had rust on it from the box in the first place.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have an XL-7 and it shoots alot better than my brothers Tikka t3.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Spike

Bass Pro today had the xl7 at $279 plus a $30 gift card. I got one in 30-06. Just couldn't pass it up, plus the wife just bought some new furniture so no recoil there.

I own the Tikkas in .270 and 30-06, both are real shooters. I have no problem with 1in. groups with Win Supreme elite ammo.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

First things first;

Consider the "features" you want in YOUR rifle.

Secondly;

Shoulder them and inspect for workmenship.

Lastly;

Remember the basic rule of tumb: spend as much and/or up to 2X the cost of the rifle on your scope.

Both are good rifles that are capable of shooting under 1" MOA at 100 yards with the right ammo and practice.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Marlin. I also like the fact that the Marlin is built here in the US. I don't know if they make any of the parts for that model overseas or not, but at least Marlin is based here in the US.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:23 AM
Typical Buck

huh,a tikka with lousy accuratcy. sorry but i haven't been able to find a tikka that didn't shoot great. the marlin is just as advertised ,a cheap gun. the tikka is one of the best shooting rifles on the market,great factory adjustable trigger,full size gun thats very light weight. you will find very few guys that buy a tikka that and don't like them. before i bought the marlin i'd take a good long look at a savage. i have 4 savages and one tikka,most days i deer hunt with the tikka,its a 270win.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

One is $300 and one is $600.

What would you expect ?

Buy what YOU like !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.