Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)? >

How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Spike

Default How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

I know there are plenty of people that shoot all the time. I also know there are quite a few people that like to collect guns they rarely if ever shoot. How often do you shoot your gun?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

About twice a month, during the off season. During waterfowl season I shoot my shotgun about twice a week. Living in Denver, I don't shoot near enough. I have to pay to go to the range or drive to the mountains. Once you get there it is very nice but it is hard to find the time. I sure do miss Oklahoma. All I had to do to shoot there was to go out on the back or front porch! I just try and look on the good side of all the money I'm saving in ammo![:@]
Old 06-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that i reload I shoot a lot more, testing loads and stuff. Trying to tighten them groups. Just today I shot around a 1/2" 5 shot group with a NEF single shot .22 hornet. I think I found my load.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot my hunting rifles and shotguns every month or so. I shoot my pistol every week.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:42 PM

I shoot my .22's a lot. Pistol too. Ammo is cheap for them so that's what I practice with. If I can hit my target with my .22 I can hit it with my 30-06 or ML.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the winter, Inormally shoot at least a little 3 days out of every week, but in the summer I only get out to shoot prairie dogs about every other week. BUT since there's not an "every other week" choice, I voted for every month.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

its hard to answer that for me. i shoot my shot gun at least once a week because of the leage im in. i shoot my slug gun only once or twice a year because its way to expencive to go to the range and shoot 20 rounds. plus a 12 ga. isnt that forgiveing on your shoulder. my 30-30 i shoot probly once a month during the summer. itsmostly my yotegun.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really depemds on the time of year ,but even in the slow time once a weekon the average . Always having somebody dropping in to shoot on our range . We have a covered shooting house so weather isn't usually a problem .
Old 06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

It varies. But I shoot something every other day at least. usually everyday. Whether it's pistols .22's shotguns or some of my deer rifles. I shoot all the time. I usually try to shoot long range (only 350 yards for me) at least once a week. Hoping to stretch that to 500 by the end of the summer, but currently waiting on my new scope. but I shoot every other day on a slow week. Can't get enough of it.
-Jake
Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me its not the frequency, its the quantity. I shoot prairie dogs once or twice a month. But when I go I shoot a whole bunch of ammo. I get no satifaction from shooting paper, it has no reactive traits.

Quick Reply: How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.