Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)? >

How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

For me its not the frequency, its the quantity. I shoot prairie dogs once or twice a month. But when I go I shoot a whole bunch of ammo. I get no satifaction from shooting paper, it has no reactive traits.
Ah yes Steve, we do have a "sick mind" way of thinking don't we. Non-reactive targets just aren't much fun.
TR
Old 06-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Howler

For me its not the frequency, its the quantity. I shoot prairie dogs once or twice a month. But when I go I shoot a whole bunch of ammo. I get no satifaction from shooting paper, it has no reactive traits.
Ah yes Steve, we do have a "sick mind" way of thinking don't we. Non-reactive targets just aren't much fun.
TR
Yes once I jumped over to the dark side there was no coming back. I missed out this last weekend but I did send a couple of mutual friends of oursout for a couple of days to enjoy the things the farm has to offer. Reactive targets to be specific.........LOL.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Site Bouncer

It depends on how busy I am with work but I like to get out every couple weeks to shoot but it works out to about once a month in reality.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not as much as I used too, that's for sure. I used to go to the range at least every two weeks before I had kids, as I got my wife into shooting so it'd be "us" time. Now I have three young kids (4, 2 and 3 months), my honey-do list is five miles long and no matter how much I do it keeps getting longer. Finding a babysitter on the weekends is next to impossible, and if I try to go alone my wife makes me pay for every second of pleasure I derive from my range time by doing whatever she can to make me as miserable as possible afterward. Anymore I'm lucky if I spend a 3 hours at the range every 4-6 months, when I used to spend one whole day there every 1-2 weeks.

Mike
Old 06-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I first got into reloading 22 years ago, a buddy and me shot alot. I have slowed down the last few years. He got killed 7 years ago and somehow it doesnt feel the same any more. I still try to get out at least once a monthand do some shooting.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Spike

I shoot my .22 alot, for practice. But that is about it. I only shoot my 270 or other guns while hunting or to line them up.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:16 PM

It varies,but I try to shoot 3-4 times a month.A couple of months before deer season opens I'll shoot more often.It really does improvethe deer that are killed versus misses.I try to shoot my rifle so much that the actual shot is easier than it would be without all the practice.I'll even shoot left handed because I always end up with a shot or two in a climber that I have to make a left handed shot.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

well once you shoot a mossberg 500 not much reason to keep shooting at a paper target. can not afford to shoot the glock 45. Hell can't find ammo for it. now i bought a 10/22 yesterday i am going to shoot the heck out it. Come squrrial season it will be used often
Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Spike

i live in the country and shoot my ruger 10/22 almost daily at critters or vermin i run across. i shoot my centerfire rifles a few times before the season starts, then during the season, then put them up for the year. shotguns get a workout from squirrel season thru duck season. i shoot my bows all year long and hunt with them far more than with a rifle.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Once a week as long as its not windy as hell or pouring rian. 5 hours or so a session.

Quick Reply: How often do you actually shoot your gun(s)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.