HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   FINALLY!!!!! I ordered THE rifle!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/295743-finally-i-ordered-rifle.html)

schoolcraft 06-10-2009 06:09 PM

FINALLY!!!!! I ordered THE rifle!!!

For all of you who have read my countless posts on which rifle and caliber to buy......the questions are finally over!

I wanted a deer/hog gun that would fit me well, be accurate and reliable, and have enough OOOMPH for the big hogs we get around here.
Something that would work well at typical hunting range shots but could also work for the rare longer shot down a power line or across a field.

Today I ordered a left handed Browning Stainless Stalker in 7mm. Rem. Mag.

Still debating on which scope to go with, but the groundwork is finally laid.

Thanks again for all the advice you guys have given me. The "7 Mag." is a caliber I've used in the past with great results and the A Bolts I've owned in the past were all superbly accurate.

I can't wait to shoot it!!! I pick it up tomorrow.

Now all I have to think about is......what gun comes next??? LOL.

GreatHunterWannabe 06-10-2009 06:54 PM

RE: FINALLY!!!!! I ordered THE rifle!!!

Excellent choice,

don't forget pics when it gets in.

jeepkid 06-10-2009 06:58 PM

Go with a Zeiss...;)

Rammer 06-10-2009 08:20 PM

I have the same rifle, only mine is just the Stalker model. I have a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 on top of mine. I thought about throwing one of my VX-III 4.5-14x40s on it for long range poking, but the way this rifle is shooting right now I don't want to mess with it. I shot my buck at a lasered 572 yards with that rifle last fall.

I think you will be very happy with your purchase! :D

skeeter 7MM 06-10-2009 08:44 PM

Awesome..enjoy!:D

Bernie P. 06-11-2009 05:27 AM

Congrats on a fine choice.See if you can find the Zeiss Conquest they had on clearance recently.I forget the exact magnification but it was a low-med range variable scope.
Good luck!

Remfire 06-11-2009 06:09 AM

That is a great choice.Hope you don't mind getting kicked by a mule everytime you pull the trigger!It'll sure stop 'em in their tracks...and at long distances.

salukipv1 06-11-2009 09:34 AM

what's next? well what do you have so far?

I second the zeiss scope....a 7mm can reach out there though, so id look for at least a 10x + on the top end...

Teach Deer 06-11-2009 05:31 PM

You chose well...get a good scope for it along the 4.5-14X range...and invest in good bullets (especially for hogs)...I recommend the 160 grain Nosler Partitions (Federal Premium).

bigalc 06-12-2009 04:47 PM

Zeiss scopes are great, but for half the money with 99% of the performance, get a Leupold or Nikon. Use the money you save to buy ammo. These days 3 or 4 hundred bucks oughta buy you at least two boxes![:@]

Good hunting with your new rifle.