Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 .22 recomendations >

.22 recomendations

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.22 recomendations

Old 06-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: .22 recomendations

ORIGINAL: 13pointjomc

10/22 with a 3x9x32
did u read the posting ???? she is only 10 YRS. OLD
Old 06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Ruger Model-10/22 is a bolt action rifle.

ORIGINAL: g.Rick

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with the bolt action recommendation, which the Rem Mod Five is. Is the Ruger and the Savage bolt action as well?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Ruger 10/22 is an semi-auto-not a bolt action. It has a bolt but fires with no other movement other than pulling the trigger. A bolt action requires the user to manually operate the bolt handle every time to eject the empty case & reload a new cartridge.

ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with the bolt action recommendation, which the Rem Mod Five is. Is the Ruger and the Savage bolt action as well?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:30 PM

Marlin microgroove bolt-action with a 10-shot magazine. Dependable, affordable, accurate. I don't own one yet...but I will soon.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Remington model 5, started out with a Tasco and is now wearing a Burris and is extremely accurate. Iv'e had it about 5 or 6 months and have harvested 5 ground hogs with it. Real walnut stock, very nicely checkered, sling swivels---very good looking gun. The action is smooth, easy to work and to me, it's a natural pointer-- Looks like a smaller version of the model 700. I would reccomend it totally.This would be an excellent choice for a beginner-------John
Old 06-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

stalkingbear, I just opened my safe and looked at my Ruger 22-mag. My action reads as follows Ruger All-Weather 77/22. All along I thought I owned a 10/22. I stand corrected thank you for pointing out my mistake. You learn something new everyday.

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

The Ruger 10/22 is an semi-auto-not a bolt action. It has a bolt but fires with no other movement other than pulling the trigger. A bolt action requires the user to manually operate the bolt handle every time to eject the empty case & reload a new cartridge.

ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

Old 06-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Don't know why my first attempt didn't post, but here goes again. I bought a Remington model five about 5 months ago, real walnut stock, great checkering, sling swivels, looks like a smaller version of the 700. It has a 3x9 Burris on it and it just doesn't miss. Five ground hogs and counting. Easy to cock, easy to shoot and extremely accurate, all parts fit well, stock is inletted evenly, stock and barrel finish is very good. I would highly reccomend the Remington both as a good choice for a beginning shooter and it'll still fit when she's older----John H
Old 06-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Forgive me guys, at first it didn't look like my first reply posted--John H
Old 06-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are many good ones out there however the 10/22 would be at the top of my list. They are just fun to shoot and you can basically customize them anyway you want to. It's not the most accurate out of the box but it's accurate enough for me. Actually more accurate than I usually am and is just fun to shoot. The other semi auto I'd consider is a Marlin 60. I've never had one but have read great things. From what I've read they seem to be a little more accurate out of the box. That being said both have their pro's and con's and to me the 10/22 is slightly better due to the aftermarket parts out there for it. Stock for stock the 60 probably has a very slight lead but it just depends on what you want.

I've also never seen, held, or shot a Savage that has left me unhappy with it. I haven't been around a ton but the ones I have I've loved and everyone I know with anything in a Savage loves it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Savage .22 rifle either.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you'd be hard pressed to get a better value for the money than the Savage Mk II. The Accu-Trigger is very good, especially compared to the stock trigger on most .22 rifles.

I really like the Savage rimfires, but I think I'd choose the 17HMR Model 93. My brother has one and it's a tackdriver.

Mike

Quick Reply: .22 recomendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.