HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   " 1911" rebuild? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/29505-1911-rebuild.html)

Nomercy 05-02-2003 02:03 PM

" 1911" rebuild?

I' m looking to get some new parts put together on my " 1911" when I get it back from a buddy, extended loan for police academy. It' s an Argentinian imported Hallisto-Molina Modelo Policia Federal .45acp, and as far as I' ve looked at it, the parts seem interchangeable with older colts, but I' ve never gotten a ruler or caliper out and really checked them, anyone know if they are compatable? I' m not really looking to build it into a race gun, unless it' s possible with it, I just want it to be more accurate, a bit faster, a bit tighter....just a bit better. My biggest concern is my barrel, I had it to almost a smoothbore when I gave it to him, and he' s shot it a lot, claims it' s still on a 8" ring at 50yrds though, anyone know for sure if there are any aftermarket parts that are easily interchangeable to it?

propmahn 05-02-2003 02:50 PM

RE: " 1911" rebuild?

i dont know the excat model but a friend of mine has and argentine 1991 at our rifle-pistol club and he has replaced the grip saftey, spring housing on the grip, trigger, maybe the barrel i dont know. sorry i cant be of much help

aunsaber 05-02-2003 08:31 PM

Is it a Ballister-Molina?
If so, I think the barrels and mags will interchange but not much else. It' s been awhile since I was around one plus it might depend on when it was made.

Try milsurpshooter.com

Nomercy 05-02-2003 10:22 PM

Yeah, sorry bout the miss-type, it' s the Hallister-Molina, (although I thought it was Balisto-molina). Even if the barrel and mags are only interchangeable, it' ll be an improvement, anyone know if the slide is interchangeable? I' m figuring if I can get a tighter slide, a new barrel, and a couple new mags, maybe even a new firing pin/assy., then I' ll be more than happy for a while.

1SHOT_1KILL 05-06-2003 08:27 AM

Nonmercy, If your just want to to tweak it some or accurize it, it should be a fairly simple job for a competent pistol/gunsmith. The slides I don' t think are interchangeable, but I am not 100% sure. But that is no problem as the slide and frame rails can be tighten using the same tools and method that you would on any 1911A1. The barrels are interchangeable if I am not mistaken and the magazines as well.

I beleive that other parts, like the trigger, safety, beavertail safety, mainspring housing, can be replaced with 1911A1 parts, but require minor to major refitting. I am not sure about the slide parts like firing pin and exector are interchangable or needs major refitting.

Big G 05-08-2003 06:08 PM

Nom,

www.brownells.com They will have the parts you look for. They also have a Tech. Dept that can help you out.

WOW!! I went all the way back to 39 posts!![:o] I' ll have to get back here sooner before they all go.:)

G

hotgunner21 05-14-2003 04:25 PM

id take it to a gunsmith and see what they say[8D]