Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Gun and Range Report! >

New Gun and Range Report!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Gun and Range Report!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Gun and Range Report!

Well I finally broke down and bought a 1911! I have been wanting one for years and my "want list" finally got down to the 1911. It is a Duo-tone Taurus PT-1911. Today was the first chance that I had time to take it to the range for a short session. I had one box of ammo and could not find any more in this area, so it was just a brief testing shoot! I know that 50 rounds is not much of a test, but the PT-1911 shot great! I was not shooting for accuracy, just for feel and function! The gun feels and shoots great! The accuracy at 25 yards was very good too, even though that was not what I was there for. I am sure that I will get the PT-1911 to shoot very good groups the next time out!
I know that some folks are down on the Taurus', but I think that it is on par with 1911's costing much more! Can't wait to get some more ammo and get back to the range!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:23 AM

Default RE: New Gun and Range Report!

Good to hear. My friend has a taurus 1911 and he says exactly what you've said. he has almost 800 rounds through it and no malfunctions. i think for the money they are a pretty darn good gun.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Today's Taurus handguns are quite good! Glad you like yours.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a blued Taurus PT1911 and it has not had a single malfunction in any way in going on 4,000 rounds through it so far. They have greatly improved in quality since the "old days". I trust my life, and the lives of my family to mine.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:04 PM

My dad has Taurus 1911 .45 ACP. He got it around Christmas and we've only put 4 or 5 boxes of ammo through it. Everything appeared to be normal. We were shooting one day all safety devices are off, squeeze and nothing happened. We couldn't get the trigger to move. It was all locked up. So I unloaded it and messed with it a little. We ended up taking it apart and cleaned it out a little. Reassimbled it and it's back to normal. But last week the same thing happened again![&:]

We are sending it back so tauris can deal with it now lol

Any ideas on this though?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like the goofy hammer key safety is partially on to me.Or the grip safety may need polishing for clearance & smooth operation.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is my first 1911 and I am impressed! If not with the Taurus, then with the 1911 concept! I know that with Taurus, you either love 'em or hate 'em. If ever I can find enough ammo, I'll find out for sure, but I suspect that I'll be in the "love 'em" camp!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:18 AM
Spike

Default 1911

I have a Springfield Model 1911 GI. I got the gun for $400.00; it is the best gun I have ever owned and I love it, however I wish it had a larger mag cap and was a little smaller as it is too big for conceal and carry.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Spike

Default Taurus PT1911, BEST 1911 ANYWHERE! ANYPRICE!

The 1911 snobs will scream at my title, but every word is true. If you take a Kimber or a Springfield and equip it like a Taurus comes stock, it would have to sell for $2000 or more! Anybody who disagrees with my statement, does not own one or has never shot one. For more details on the Taurus 1911, please go to the following link. I'll never convince the Taurus haters, but try one, you will like it.

http://www.christiangunowner.com/taurus1911_review.html
Old 02-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Banned

When they show up at IPSC matches, I'll be convinced. And I don't mean by "D" class, either

Quick Reply: New Gun and Range Report!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.