Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 assault rifle dilema >

assault rifle dilema

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

assault rifle dilema

Old 05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not an assault rifle!

FYI; the "Remington" R-15 and R-25 rifles are actually rebranded Bushmaster rifles. Remington is owned by the same company that owns Bushmaster.
DPMS is part of the same conglomerate as well. Not entirely sure, but its likely the Remington R-25 (AR-10 type) rifles are made by DPMS.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:53 PM

I'm also going to buy an AR-15 type semi-auto really soon.The only off the rack guns around here are Bushmasters,S&W MP series,and DPMS.They're all first rate guns.I want one just for target shooting for the fun of it,shooting coyotes,and I've never owned a .223.I'm also considering a Mini 14.The S&M MP and the Mini 14 are the cheapest as far as price goes(around here anyway).Would you go with one of those two ,or pay a few hundred more and go with one of the others?I realize that in most cases,it's a matter of opinion,but I'd certainly appreciate any feedback.Thanks.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

S&W makes a good AR-15. If you have any interest in accuracy at all, skip the Mini-14.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Spike

hey remfire, i usedto have a mini 14 i wasnt real happy about its accuracy. it was an older model with the wooden fore end on the top . i sold it because it would slam fire if it was loaded on safety and it was either droped or intencialy slaming the butt on a hard surface. im kind of leaning toward a stag ar type of ar model. does any body have any feed back on stag rifles?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all boils down to who you are going to assault with it.(just kidding)I see you changed it to a non assault...but pro gun people should watch their terms in this stinking day of political correctness. I've owned 3 ar15's. I would not buy another one unless it was a Bushmaster. I had bad luck with the other two.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: assault rifle dilema

go with model1sales or delton.
i have 2 model 1 guns and both work like a champ.
you can get a plinker at around $500 or a souped up one for around $800
most important thing on a gun is the barrel and model 1 guns have barrels from E.R. Shaw
they've been in the buissness for 30+ years
all they other manuf. listed are good but you will pay for the name
i don't care what is stamped on the side of my receiver really
i just want a gun i can take out yote hunting and do some plinking with
i just recently got a kit from model 1 and plan to put it together with a cmmg (i believe it's called) stripped lower
for $800 i got a heavy 20" stainless steel barrel
free floating tube
A3 upper with charging handle and bolt
the magpul adjustable stock, nice stock
psg1 pistol grip
chambered in 5.56 (you can get them in either .223 rem or 5.56 .... there is a difference)
parts for the lower, plan on putting in a chip mccormick anyway, nice simple trigger system, have one in my other ar and love it
so bang for your buck you really can't beat model 1 or delton
check them out on their site
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

try gunbroker.com

I was in the market for an ar early this year and decided on a rock river. the dealer told me I'd have to wait a year for backorder. I went on gunbroker and after being patient for a couple of weeks found exactly what I was looking for. Paid about $100.00 more than retail (not counting shipping and receiving costs) and was completely satisfied that I got a relatively good deal, given the demand circumstances and had the gun in a couple days...YEEHAW!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as Del-Ton, I FINALLY recieved an order about 3 weeks ago I'd placed in dec. I'd think twice about ordering from them right now.