Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Reminton CDL vs. Browning A-Bolt Medallion >

Reminton CDL vs. Browning A-Bolt Medallion

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Reminton CDL vs. Browning A-Bolt Medallion

Old 05-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Reminton CDL vs. Browning A-Bolt Medallion

If one of them "speaks" to you when you hold it, that is the one. If not, look for something else or draw straws if you're dead-set on one of those two.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Or take your wife and or girlfriend with you... if you get stumped between thetwo rifles let her pick outthe one you take home.
This works... if you miss, well, it's the guns fault and SHE picked it out. hehehe

Old 05-09-2009, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:10 AM

I'll go with the Rem 700 every time.I don't know much about the Browning A-Bolt,but I know much about the Rem 700.It's a great gun.IMO,it has the looks,shootability,accuracy,and my composite stock is light and a breeze to carry all over the woods all day.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:51 AM

Gotta love the 700
Old 05-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer the Browning's myself. The trigger may need a new spring to make it better but that's minor. I like the shorter bolt throw of the Browning better.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Ron Duval

You seem to be a fairly knowedgeable poster that has many good points, however, although Savage makes a good shooting rifle that some people like, that was not the question. Obviously you are a big fan and seller of Savages, but the constant promotion of their products gets a bit old."hehehe"
Thank You Ron...I wonder, had I use the word Remingtonin my posts exclusivly if it would not have offended as bad?
I understand, "that was not the question", however if you read the previous posts you may have seen that I suggested in one post the Remington was a good choice, in the second post, the A-Bolt was a good choice and in the third post both would not cause himany ill fate.

As I see it, I have mentioned both the Remington and Browning... as well as the Savage, in every post!
The fact that I made quips concerning getting a Savage is solely my opinion and I was not under the impression I could not express that. No matter the frequency!

We do sell, and I am indeed a fan of Savages as well as the Remington and Brownings. I owns models of each.
Ido apologize for any offense I may have caused anyone.
However... I still recommend the Savage! hehehe

Old 05-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:08 PM

No ill feelings Ron... Point understood!
I really think the guy should get the Browning-
Old 05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people drive Fords too, and love them.
Well, not all of us love the d**n things! I have a Ford Windstar, and if I could afford to get rid of it, I would. If I could afford to put if in drive and let it roll off a big cliff, I'd love it. Otherwise, I'll never buy another Ford again. But I digress...

I think that both are great rifles. The each have merits and flaws, and really the only one who can make this decision is you.

If you like the CDL better, get it. If the Browning A-Bolt fits better and you like the other features, get it. I would also say that if you like the action of the Remington better, but the stock doesn't quite fit, that a gunsmith can make small adjustments to the stock (such as adding shims between the stock and recoil pad) to change the LOP. Also, since the Rem 700 is the most popular bolt rifle in history, there are MANY aftermarket stock makers that make stocks in countless configurations for M700's. If you don't mind spending a couple-three bills on a 100% inletted drop in stock, you could order a stock just to your liking.

Oh, and I've owned three M-700's and never once had a failure to extract or eject.

Mike

Quick Reply: Reminton CDL vs. Browning A-Bolt Medallion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.