Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 bought a ruger sr9 today >

bought a ruger sr9 today

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

bought a ruger sr9 today

Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 PM

Default bought a ruger sr9 today

went to the gun show today and bought a used ruger sr9. i opted to spend a few extra dollars to get one with the green finish. the gun cost $425. it is in excellent condition, other than a few little nicks. did i get a good deal?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bought a ruger sr9 today

ORIGINAL: fishin13rocks

went to the gun show today and bought a used ruger sr9. i opted to spend a few extra dollars to get one with the green finish. the gun cost $425. it is in excellent condition, other than a few little nicks. did i get a good deal?
I know the green is a little bit more but you can buy a stainless one pretty easily for cheaper than that brand new. I wouldn't have paid that for a used one however, it may be a decent deal for a green finish one. I prefer the stainless ones and new ones are less than that though.

Nice guns from what I've read though.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

ORIGINAL: fishin13rocks

I know the green is a little bit more but you can buy a stainless one pretty easily for cheaper than that brand new. I wouldn't have paid that for a used one however, it may be a decent deal for a green finish one. I prefer the stainless ones and new ones are less than that though.

Nice guns from what I've read though.

That's a little high IMO....but it may be a good price for your area. I don't know how they shoot but the SR9 really feels good in your hand.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a new green one for 479. Gander Mountain told me 500, and the local shop was 479.

So far I have only fired 30 rounds through it and have had several failure to ejects. I'm not sure if its my grip or a problem with the ejector. I have heard nothing but good things about the gun, so its definitely not a common problem from what i have seen.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tj_cubin

So far I have only fired 30 rounds through it and have had several failure to ejects. I'm not sure if its my grip or a problem with the ejector. I have heard nothing but good things about the gun, so its definitely not a common problem from what i have seen.
What ammo are you shooting?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some ultramax 125gr and some PMC 115gr.
The PMCs seemed to have more failures, but as i said i haven't run much through it yet. I did read somewhere that a heavier round might have less FTEs, and also that running a few hundred rounds through it will break it in.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Fork Horn

i don't know but a brand new SR9 @ my local Cabela's is only 350
Old 04-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man-Law Violation.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: soulless

i don't know but a brand new SR9 @ my local Cabela's is only 350
You sure it's not $450? I've not seen any for under $400. The cheapest I've seen one was $410. However, I did hear of a guy getting on gunbroker for like $390 after fee's and all. I've never heard of a store especially a bit one having them for $350. You sure it wasn't either $450 or the LCP instead of the SR9?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

So the green one costs more?
I believe the one Gander Mountain had for 500 was silver. The local shop had the green one for 479. I wonder what he would sell a silver or black one for, if he had it.

I guess it doesn't matter to me, I bought the green one, and I'm happy with it.

Quick Reply: bought a ruger sr9 today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.