Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What would you pay for this gun..... >

What would you pay for this gun.....

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What would you pay for this gun.....

Old 04-22-2009, 04:07 PM

Default RE: What would you pay for this gun.....

500 or 550, but no more, and that's only if you have some .223 stockpiled already. That stuff is hard to find right now, and the price has gone up. If you buy it, you gotta feed it. Just something to think about.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a reloader.
I already have the dies and 100 rnds of brass.
Can get more off gunbroker but have been picking it up at my gun club
Old 04-22-2009, 07:22 PM

If you can roll your own, then 550 would be a good buy.

If you are looking for brass, find out where your local LEO's go to shoot. They drop plenty of new brass shooting that qualifying course with the AR. Most dept.'s favor public rifle ranges like a wildlife management area. Call the rangemaster on site, sometimes police shoot on days the range is closed to the public. Bring a couple of buckets.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, I can tell you that if he brought it toagun shop theywould offer him about$490andit would sell retail usedfor about $700 (based on2009 distributor wholesale). Assuming it is in excelent condition.

Current NEW IN BOXretail would be about $880.

With this said I believe that a decent private party price would be about $600.

I hope this helps in your decision.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have the same rifle in 243 and its a great shooting gun sub inch groups with the cheap stuff awsome when you feed it homemade stuff. Mine was in in perfect shape other than it had a box of shells thru it. It had a nikon monarch 4x12x40ao bdc on it and I only give $625 at a gun shop.Keep in mind it will need a trigger job.Dont pay to much $500 sounds fair
Old 04-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

If you can roll your own, then 550 would be a good buy.

If you are looking for brass, find out where your local LEO's go to shoot. They drop plenty of new brass shooting that qualifying course with the AR. Most dept.'s favor public rifle ranges like a wildlife management area. Call the rangemaster on site, sometimes police shoot on days the range is closed to the public. Bring a couple of buckets.
The LEO (PD. county and HP) all use the same range I shoot at.
I pick up brass everytime I go there whether I shoot the caliper or not.
I hate to see the good stuff get stepped on or go to crap in the weather.
I have several reloading friends that we trade brass because we don't all shoot the same calibers.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd offer $500-550 no more. Myself personally I wouldn't buy a Remington, too many bad experiences with quality control and customer service. For the same money buying new you can get a CZ, Browning, Ruger or such. In my opinion Savage would be the choice for a strictly varmint rifle.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can purchase a new Remington 700 Varmint, laminated stockfor $550 without the scope
Old 04-23-2009, 02:02 PM

I think 500 is the max it has been shot that means used Period.I would say you could get a new one for 675 or darn close.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:51 PM

I know I got a good deal, but I just purchased the exact gun from a friend of a friend for $450 with a sightron SI 3x9 scope. I would have given $525-$550 if he had asked. It is a great shooting guneven thoughmine has a 5.5 lb factory trigger pull. I mounted a 4x12X40 I had in my gun cabinet. It averages around 0.6" groups at 100 yds. Can only imagine what it would do with an 6x18 scope and a 2.5 lb trigger.

KJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.