HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Got a new pistol this weekend. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/292333-got-new-pistol-weekend.html)

RugerM77.270 04-20-2009 05:28 AM

Got a new pistol this weekend.

Yep I have an awesome wife. My birthday is in three weeks and my wife told me to go and pick out a new gun if I wanted one. So Friday I hit most of the shops around town and finally found what I wanted a Ruger Mark III Target with a 5.5 inch barrel. I told her and after lunch on Saturday she asked if I wanted to go to the gun shop. "Duh, Yeah." I showed her which one and had her hold it and work the slide because I want her to learn to shoot it because she can't work the slide well on my other 9mm's. I filled out the paperwork and she bought it took it home and wrapped it so I can't get into it for three weeks. She even placed it on a shelf in the bedroom so I have to see it everyday. My wife is so mean.

So I will have pictures and a range report in three weeks.

eldeguello 04-20-2009 06:27 AM

RE: Got a new pistol this weekend.

Cool!

VAhuntr 04-20-2009 06:36 AM

You do have a very good wife!!;)

driftrider 04-20-2009 10:21 AM

I filled out the paperwork and she bought it took it home and wrapped it so I can't get into it for three weeks. She even placed it on a shelf in the bedroom so I have to see it everyday. My wife is so mean.
Yeah, she's a real evil b***h! :D;)

Congrats and happy (soon to be) birthday!

Those Ruger MkIII's are pretty nice little pistols. Now you just have to find a similarly sized box and the same wrapping paper so you won't keep us waiting for three weeks for that range report!

Mike

nchawkeye 04-20-2009 10:25 AM

You'll love that gun...Mine is a Mark II Target, stainless with the 6 7/8 medium heavy barrel...I use it squirrel hunting and my 17 year old daughter and I use it to shoot out mistletoe for Christmas...

RugerM77.270 04-20-2009 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

You'll love that gun...Mine is a Mark II Target, stainless with the 6 7/8 medium heavy barrel...I use it squirrel hunting and my 17 year old daughter and I use it to shoot out mistletoe for Christmas...
I intend to reck havoc on the squirrel population this year. I usually shoot my deer meat early in the year, so after that when the deer aren't moving and the squirrels are annoying I am going to start making Brunswick Stew.

Wolf killer 04-22-2009 08:28 AM

You have a very greatwife!
Do something special for herbecause she bought you that pistol, she will buy you many more firearms in the future.

Remfire 04-30-2009 08:05 AM

Great gun and cool wife!I like Ruger handguns,also.I own a 9 mm,a .40 ,and a .22.You have a good gun