HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Tristar Brittany Shotguns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/291913-tristar-brittany-shotguns.html)

bavsmith1 04-14-2009 08:00 AM

Tristar Brittany Shotguns

Does anybody have any experience with or knowledge about the Tristar Brittany? I've asked a couple of people I know about them in the past and they told me if I'm looking in the $800 price range, save a little bit more andspend my money on a used Browning or Beretta or something of that quality range. Well, now a local retailer is putting them on sale for about $500. Is this price as good as it seems? I've wanted a nice little side by side for a long time, but every time I start saving my money to get one,I run into some kind of deal on something else I can't pass up and have to start all over again saving for the gun! Thanks.

MO-KS_hunter 04-14-2009 04:50 PM

RE: Tristar Brittany Shotguns

not sure about tristar, seems a little cheap to me but it might be a good working gun. If you are considering an over and under instead of a side by side, CZ makes a good-looking and inexpensive over-and-under called the mallard. It goes for $515 on gunsatcost.com. Here's the link:

http://www.gunsatcost.com/item/33470_CZ_Rifles_Shotguns_CZ_06091_Mallard_Shotgun_ .aspx

Scott Gags 04-16-2009 06:34 PM

The Tristar is a good gun. It is made by Zabala from spain. It is the same SxS Charles Daley is marketing for around $1,000.00+. Iam also toldit is the same as the one time American Arms Gentry an my best friend has been hunting with one for 7 years now. It is a great deal. Actually I just put the gun on layaway myself and am going to pick it up on saturday. I talked with Tristar and the price they are selling that for is less than they paid for the gun 2 years ago. The Zabala model is called the Zabala Hermanos. I highly recommend you take a good look at it.

bavsmith1 04-17-2009 05:20 AM

Thank you Scott! I guess that's what I was hoping to hear. I still would have thanked you though even if you would have told me they were junk.

Bobamatic 05-25-2010 12:29 PM

Zabala Toro over and under

First time i used a zabala over here in England was in 1974 ,someone lent it to me , at that time they where at a aprice which put them at the budget end of the market, the only 12 gauges at a price point below that where Baikals, the Zabala performed well and i went on to buya A.Y.A. also made in Spain in fact they are both made in the Eibar region.getting back to the present day AYA are no longer with us but Zabala have still got plenty of stoick to be found in Brit gun dealers , a few months back i bought new Zabala Toro over and under in 20 gauge
27 and a half inch barrels and comes with 5 multi chokes at a cost of £500 (APPROX $750 ) IN YOUR CURRENCY. the 12 gauge retails at £25 less , it has performed admirably with no malfunctions , and i like it so much that , im seriously thinking of passing my beretta 687 that ive had for the last 18 years on to my son, as the zabala is doing everything i need , the walnut furniture isnt particularly well figured but your not paying a premium price, and at the end of the day , a piece of walnut that looks like something from liberaces piano isnt going to make it shoot any better ,over here we only get a one year guarantee on a new gun , i think you guys get a lot more that that. theres a full review on the toro at www.shootingtimes.co.uk/guns/shotguns . zabala 12 and 20 gauges in euroupe appear in various guises as the toro the XL90 and the tristar, Hope this helps regards Bob

RockyBranchQuail 07-15-2019 03:03 PM

Tristar Brittnay 20ga side by side

I own one. Great gun for quail in SE Georgia. I use the skeet choke for the first shot and Improved choke for the second shot. I love this gun, but I cannot find them on the market anywhere.

SH Johnson
Hazlehurst, GA