Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hi- Point 9mm >

Hi- Point 9mm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hi- Point 9mm

Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hi- Point 9mm

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

It's pretty obvious this new member don't have a clue-ignored until he grows up and learns a forum is no place for personal attacks when he don't know what he's talking about assuming things about people with more experience.

My My this has got to be one of the most arrogant statmentsI have ever seen!!!! I just have to ask how do you know you have more expeiance????

Old 04-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: finnbear

It's pretty obvious this new member don't have a clue-ignored until he grows up and learns a forum is no place for personal attacks when he don't know what he's talking about assuming things about people with more experience.

My My this has got to be one of the most arrogant statmentsI have ever seen!!!! I just have to ask how do you know you have more expeiance????
Watch out Finnbear, you only have 82 posts. You may not have enough "experience" to voice your opinion
Old 04-20-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finnbear-I was referring to him not having a clue about MY experience with hi-points or other firearms. He DON'T have a clue about what MY experience is. It don't matter,he's permanently blocked anyway. Maybe NOW the misunderstanding is cleared up?

ORIGINAL: finnbear

Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Permanently blocked? I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.[/align][/align]Anyways, answer my question:[/align]How many Hi-Points have you owned?[/align][/align]It doesn't matter the topic, you always seem to think you have more experience than anyone else.[/align]
Old 04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

sorry for all the ca motion caused by my question. I was just wondering if it would be woth it to buy the gun. I am a college student on a very low budget. Just thought it would be a good idea to pick me up a hand gun while they are still available.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Easy gentlemen. We all, members and mods alike appreciate if we didn't resort to personal attacks. We're all capable of it, including myself but let's get passed it.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Well handled ROB/PA

I own two Hi-Points. I did not buy either of them... I helped a guy move for one and did some yard work for the other. On is the 9mm. Carbine, the other is a pistol, I can't remember the #'s right now.... Both guns have been fired thousands of times. the only time one jammed was the pistol shooting wolf ammunition. They are not a high quality gun, or very pretty. But they shoot well in my experience and they have some decent accuracy. If you just want a pistol to plink with and enjoy, than yes it will be a good buy. If you are going into law enforcement and you want something to carry everyday than I wouldn't buy a Hi-Point... they do have a lifetime warranty tho and they are USA made, thats two good things right there. Hope this helps.
-Jake
Old 04-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jimenez/Bryco Arms (google them) pistols also have a lifetime warranty, but that doesn't mean they aren't junk, or that the warrantee is worth the paper it's written on. Companies have to HONOR their warrantees for them to be worth anything, and when your gun breaks because it's a pot metal hunk of junk, what good is it if they fix it with the same substandard parts that it was originally made of?

Secondly, you don't have to spend a ton of cash to get a top quality pistol. If you can't afford new, look for a used gun. A good way to find a deal on a good used sidearm is to find out which local dealers provide your local police and/or Sheriff's departments their sidearms, then ask the dealer if he has, or could give you a heads up for local police dept. trade-in guns. I know of a couple nearby dealers that sometimes offer great deals on police trade-in pistols. Some of them have some very noticable wear, dings and scratches from daily duty carry, and they often have a lot of rounds through them (generally not a big deal with pistols), but they are well maintained and top quality sidearms.

I guess my position is that we're talking about your LIFE here, and maybe the life of someone you love. How much is your life worth to you? How about your wife/girlfriend? Sister? Mom? Are you really going to trust your life or theirs to a $150 pistol? You can pick up a NIB Springfield XD for around $500, and they are worth every penny. Used would be less. It's an excellent pistol that you can trust your life to. I understand that you are on a tight budget, but you could always take a weekend job or skip the Friday and/or Saturday night bar crawl for a semester to save up the cash. Like I said, how much is your life worth to you? If the answer is $150, then get yourself the Hi-Point and keep it next to your rosary, 'cause if the former goes t*ts-up when you REALLY need it, you'll need the latter.

Oh, and I'll vouch for Neil (stalkingbear). I'd consider him as trustworthy and knowledgeable source of firearms information as you're going to find around here. In his 30 years of professional gunsmithing he's probably forgotten more about guns than most of us will ever hope to know. I also know that he speaks of armed self-defense with first-hand experience. Only a fool would ignore what he has to say on either subject.

Mike
Old 04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't dare argue that a Hi-Point can compare to the Springfield, but if it's just for plinking and the guy wants to buy it, than he can. And Hi-Point does honor their waranty. I know a guy that ran his carbine over accidently when it fell off his fourwheeler and they sent him a new one for free. None of us are saying that Hi_point is the best, but it's not as bad as some on here make it out to be.
-Jake
Old 04-22-2009, 07:15 PM

My experience with the Hi-point carbine is it is a very ugly, fairly durable, cheap firearm. If I wanted a small carbine for plinking, I would get one. The pistols I would pass on. I have been shot at twice with them, and both guns failed at a very inopportune time for the shooter.

If it were an inexpensive auto pistol I was after, I would go for the Makarov. They are some of the most durable handguns made, and you can get them for around 200 bucks. It shoots a 9mm round that is different from the Luger ammo, but makes a hole nonetheless. The 9mm makarov rounds are still in plentiful supply, and the price hasn't tripled, like the 9mm Luger ammo.

Quick Reply: Hi- Point 9mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.