Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hi- Point 9mm >

Hi- Point 9mm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hi- Point 9mm

Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hi- Point 9mm

does anyone know anthing about the hi-point 9mm? I know it is probably a cheep gun but i am just looking for a cheep sied are to keep beside my bed or in my truck. It sells for $155-165. please let me know if u know anything about this gun.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hi- Point 9mm

They are cheap and chunky, but in my expirience they go bang everytime you pull the trigger. I have a 9mm carbine and my neighbor has a 9mm pistol. Accuracy is acceptable, but they are heavy. They do have a lifetime warranty though.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:52 AM

I would never, everbet my lifeon a Hi-Point, the one's I've shot arecomplete and total junk. They jam and are inaccurate. If you can't afford a good quality used 9mm, look into buying a good quality used revolver which mightbe a few dollars cheaper. The most important thing in a personal defense gun is that it must be reliable. Ever single time you squeeze the trigger it absolutely has to fire or it can get you killed. Hi-Points and reliability have never been used in together.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

I have to go with the middle ground on the hi-point. I bought one when they first came out. It did fire every time I pulled the trigger without jamming. It was a bit to junky for me though. I got rid of it a few weeks after I bought it. I wanted it for medium game, wasn't accurate enough for me. I traded it in on an uzi rifle that was $100 more and have no gripes.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

I have the C9 and the 995 carbine. I trust my life with both guns. The carbine is the wifes defense gun when I'm out of town. Mine are pretty darn accurate for such an inexpensive gun. I went 200 rounds side-by-side with a buddy that has a glock and my C9. We shot 200 rounds and he had 2 FTF and 1 FTE. The hi-point was flawless and kept on shooting till I was out of ammo (400+rounds).[/align][/align]995 Carbine at 50yrds with red dot.[/align][/align][/align]12 yards with C9 off hand[/align][/align]
Old 04-19-2009, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Life is just too short and dear to trust your life to cheap, poorly designed guns. When you're in the fight for your life, it's too late to wish you'd spent the extra money to buy a QUALITY gun.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Typical gun snob.....I bet you have never owned one or even shot one.

I have several handguns from S&W wheel gunsto Colt 1911's. I have a few Taurus's and several Rugers. The hi-point is the ONLY one that has had no issues and has several thousand rounds threw it. They are an American made affordable gun. I'm not saying they are the best gun out there by any means, but they are a good gun for someone on a budget. They go boom everytime the trigger is pulled.

If I remember stalkingbear, you always have something negative to say. Crawl back underneath your bridge and stop being a dick.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's pretty obvious this new member don't have a clue-ignored until he grows up and learns a forum is no place for personal attacks when he don't know what he's talking about assuming things about people with more experience.

ORIGINAL: adam11082

I have several handguns from S&W wheel gunsto Colt 1911's. I have a few Taurus's and several Rugers. The hi-point is the ONLY one that has had no issues and has several thousand rounds threw it. They are an American made affordable gun. I'm not saying they are the best gun out there by any means, but they are a good gun for someone on a budget. They go boom everytime the trigger is pulled.

If I remember stalkingbear, you always have something negative to say. Crawl back underneath your bridge and stop being a dick.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

You are the king of personal attacks.
Answer one question:
Have you ever owned a Hi-Point?

What makes you think I don't have experience? Is it because of my post count?....give me a break. I'm sorry i dont have time to make 2000 posts, I have a life, family and job that are much more important than a hunting forum. I have plenty of experince, especially when it comes to Hi-Points. You don't even own one, so I think i have more experience than you in this matter.

New member? You've been here 5 months longer than me. You are very ignorant if you go by the number of posts.

Let me refresh your memory:
http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3254132&mpage=1&key=&#325659 6

You are a bully.....bottom line.

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

It's pretty obvious this new member don't have a clue-ignored until he grows up and learns a forum is no place for personal attacks when he don't know what he's talking about assuming things about people with more experience.

ORIGINAL: adam11082

Old 04-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

all guns will misfire one time or another. I had a high point for a day. Out of the box it failed to eject twice and failed to fire once. But i was using wolf ammo. One thing i hated is it seemed the 9mm was like shooting a 45 compared to my ruger p89 i had. I have known a few people to own them and never had trouble but you get what you pay for

Quick Reply: Hi- Point 9mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.